No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having one of those days that, no matter how much I eat or drink, I'm still hungry. Do any of y'all have days like this?

Comment

I just made a keto pizza and it was delicious. Started off by seasoning 2c of shredded mozzarella cheese with basil, oregano and garlic powder. I microwaved the cheese and spices for 2 minutes and then stirred in 1/2 cup of almond flower. I mixed the cheese and almond flower and then rolled it out until it was 1/4" thick. I baked the crust in the oven at 425 for about 10 minutes. At this point you can add your favorite sauce and toppings. I used ranch dressing for sauce and added pepperoni, bacon and then topped with cheese. Back in the oven until the cheese melts and it's done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        Electrolyte replacement is very important.
        I struggle with this. First time I tried keto, I had constant leg craps among other problems and stopped it.

Still have 50 lbs to go and wanted to try again and pay more attention to the macros and just 5 days in starting to have the same problems as last time. I take a multivitamin, potassium, and magnesium pills each morning. Even using a whole Mio Electrolytes a day and eating salted almonds, pecans, and putting salt on everything. I've always had issues with muscle cramps when working out but on this doing no exercise I still get the leg cramps. It's especially bad at night. My left calf is really sore because how much it cramped up last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          I struggle with this. First time I tried keto, I had constant leg craps among other problems and stopped it.

Still have 50 lbs to go and wanted to try again and pay more attention to the macros and just 5 days in starting to have the same problems as last time. I take a multivitamin, potassium, and magnesium pills each morning. Even using a whole Mio Electrolytes a day and eating salted almonds, pecans, and putting salt on everything. I've always had issues with muscle cramps when working out but on this doing no exercise I still get the leg cramps. It's especially bad at night. My left calf is really sore because how much it cramped up last night.
          My only recommemdation would be consult your physician. Sometimes a diet is not for everyone, and maybe keto just isn't suitable for you.

Last edited by dope hunter; 10-14-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
            My only recommemdation would be consult your physician. Sometimes a diet is not for everyone, and maybe keto just isn't suitable for you.

I'm going to have to agree with dope hunter. Keto sounds like it's not for you.

Comment

I just made a keto pizza and it was delicious. Started off by seasoning 2c of shredded mozzarella cheese with basil, oregano and garlic powder. I microwaved the cheese and spices for 2 minutes and then stirred in 1/2 cup of almond flower. I mixed the cheese and almond flower and then rolled it out until it was 1/4" thick. I baked the crust in the oven at 425 for about 10 minutes. At this point you can add your favorite sauce and toppings. I used ranch dressing for sauce and added pepperoni, bacon and then topped with cheese. Back in the oven until the cheese melts and it's done.

Fathead pizza is the JAM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went through that same stuff the first two weeks. The cramps were terrible. I tell everyone, coming off sugar was like having withdraws from drugs. Almost passed out a couple of times. Could not even walk two blocks without being winded and dizzy. Then it cleared up. Now only time I feel bad is when I cheat. I would say go the the doctor and tell him what's up. You don't have to go hard core to loose weight. Try the 40 carbs a day diet or even the diabetic 40 carbs a meal. Have seen a lot of people loose weight doing those.

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  You can take those same tortillas, cut into quarters and put them in the toaster. Now you have 8 good size tortilla chips for 6 carbs. I know it's not a whole basket of chips like we're used to, but it can cure a craving.
                  Will give that a try.

Comment

I'm having one of those days that, no matter how much I eat or drink, I'm still hungry. Do any of y'all have days like this?

Yes, seems to happen to me in the evenings every now and then. almond butter by the spoonful is my late night snack. Or whipped cream and berries.

Comment

Definitely going to try this.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with dope hunter. Keto sounds like it's not for you.
                        Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                        I went through that same stuff the first two weeks. The cramps were terrible. I tell everyone, coming off sugar was like having withdraws from drugs. Almost passed out a couple of times. Could not even walk two blocks without being winded and dizzy. Then it cleared up. Now only time I feel bad is when I cheat. I would say go the the doctor and tell him what's up. You don't have to go hard core to loose weight. Try the 40 carbs a day diet or even the diabetic 40 carbs a meal. Have seen a lot of people loose weight doing those.

First time I was on Keto for a little over a month the first time and had low energy, unbelievable leg cramping (especially my calves), constant headaches, had the same where I couldn't walk 2 blocks without being winded and dizzy. It never went away so I got off Keto for a little over 3 months and everything returned to normal. I did lose a little over 25# so that was good.

I wanted to do it again and see if I could work on the other 50#, but be better about sticking with the macros. After 7 days, I decided last night to stop it again. I don't think this one is for me. It seems to be a good way to drop and keep weight off if it works for you.

As for the advice of going to a dr., my dr. is against this diet. Said if it helps lose weight, great but she doesn't advise a diet with this much fat in the diet. She suggested that I eat lower fat foods (turkey bacon instead of regular bacon), more lean meats over the higher fat meats, and limit my processed carbs. I'm not going to her to say, dr. i feel bad when I ignore your orders and eat this other way...

Good luck to the rest of you who continue.

Comment

First time I was on Keto for a little over a month the first time and had low energy, unbelievable leg cramping (especially my calves), constant headaches, had the same where I couldn't walk 2 blocks without being winded and dizzy. It never went away so I got off Keto for a little over 3 months and everything returned to normal. I did lose a little over 25# so that was good.

I wanted to do it again and see if I could work on the other 50#, but be better about sticking with the macros. After 7 days, I decided last night to stop it again. I don't think this one is for me. It seems to be a good way to drop and keep weight off if it works for you.

As for the advice of going to a dr., my dr. is against this diet. Said if it helps lose weight, great but she doesn't advise a diet with this much fat in the diet. She suggested that I eat lower fat foods (turkey bacon instead of regular bacon), more lean meats over the higher fat meats, and limit my processed carbs. I'm not going to her to say, dr. i feel bad when I ignore your orders and eat this other way...

Good luck to the rest of you who continue.
                          A lot of physicians are not up on the keto diet and it goes against what they have been taught. That's a shame to.

I hope you find the right fit for ya.

Comment

A lot of physicians are not up on the keto diet and it goes against what they have been taught. That's a shame to.

Thanks. I think it's also the desire to prevent lawsuits. I'd they tell you to eat bacon, butter, pork rinds, etc and you have a heart attack, they could possibly be sued for malpractice.

Giving advice to eat lean meats, fruits and vegetables probably isn't as easy of a lawsuit.

Comment

Drs are all about the medication field and making money

Comment

My doctor put me on the diet. Your right though, he told me try one with lean meats. When asked what the diet was, he told me look online. I think they know it works, but don't feel right telling you too much. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X