No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a keto fan, its not bro science like the paleo diet. It helped me kill my sugar cravings and I got some visible abs from the whole gig. Keto worked for me because I was working construction. For someone who has a desk job I would highly recommend intermittent fasting. There are Joe Rogan pod casts that will discuss the details. All in all the heavy carb load and high fructose corn syrup that is the classic American breakfast is not the best thing in the word for your health.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
      Dirty bulks can be brutal. Been there.

Don't feed the keto friendly troll? Cheeky sir

If you're on vacation, keep it reasonable and don't go crazy. You work to hard to not have a little down time on vacation.

Business, much worse than vacation. 10 hours days at a trade show followed by "team building" with CEO and other sales guys. Will be out til 1am average. Will try to stick to scotch[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
        Business, much worse than vacation. 10 hours days at a trade show followed by "team building" with CEO and other sales guys. Will be out til 1am average. Will try to stick to scotch[emoji6]

Solid plan! Scotch is good.

I love the "team building" rah rah stuff...yes sarcasm.

Edit....time to fast.

Comment

Ran 4 today followed by 45 minutes of TRX work that was coming off a good fast. Fueled with a keto coffee. Starting the trip right.

Comment

Ran 4 today followed by 45 minutes of TRX work that was coming off a good fast. Fueled with a keto coffee. Starting the trip right.

I hit 17 hrs on my fast yesterday. Felt good and was really easy. Would of gone longer but life interfered.

Edit...In medium ketosis as of this am.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
              I hit 17 hrs on my fast yesterday. Felt good and was really easy. Would of gone longer but life interfered.

Edit...In medium ketosis as of this am.
              How do you know if you are in ketosis?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                How do you know if you are in ketosis?
                Urine test strips. It's the least reliable method but easiest w/o spending a decent amount of cash on breath or blood test machines.

Comment

Ok, first carbs of the trip after logging over 20K steps. Meantime IPA.

Comment

Can someone paraphrase these 13 pages lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran out of gas quick at the gym this morning. Hopefully this gets better. I guess I'm in the middle of crossing over to the dark side now. My mouth is dry and I taste what is described as keto breath. I have been putting down some serious water.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post

From what I gather:
                        Eat lots of cheese, eggs, meat (sausage, bacon, ribeyes, the good stuff)
                        Light amounts of leafy greens

Don't eat breads, fruit, root vegetables (carbs)

Cut way down or off from beer.

Feel like a train ran over you in a couple days and then smooth sailing after that.

Comment

People are talking about fasting for extended periods of time but I'm not going that crazy yet.

I work out regularly and don't want to risk losing muscle.

I am still learning all this too.

Comment

People are talking about fasting for extended periods of time but I'm not going that crazy yet.

Comment

I intermittent fast, but it's only 1 or 2 days a week, and I normally go 16-18 hours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, first carbs of the trip after logging over 20K steps. Meantime IPA.

I don't count those carbs.

Actually I do but that is a very well accepted...carb load. Enjoy!

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post

Keto diet...high fat, moderate protein and low carb.

I use 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs

Yes, cheese, eggs, bacon, butter, sausage, pork skins, salami and pepperoni are all acceptable on this diet along with the lovely and talented beef. Game meat is awesome, you just have to add in additional fats to meet your daily goals. Don't forget the good fats like Salmon, Tuna and avocado's. Those are just some examples.

Avoid Keto Flu with extra electrolytes like Powerade Zero, use plenty of salt on your food...Pink Himalayan is preferred due to high mineral content. Chicken broth and bone broth help out as well.

Enjoy the feeling of not being bloated, lethargic and post meal crash.

It does take some time to get fat adapted, your body switching to fats for fuel instead of carbs but it's worth the ride.

It also helps out with high blood pressure and diabetes as well.

Edit...my cholesterol has remained the same on this diet as with a regular American diet.

I ran out of gas quick at the gym this morning. Hopefully this gets better. I guess I'm in the middle of crossing over to the dark side now. My mouth is dry and I taste what is described as keto breath. I have been putting down some serious water.
                                It will get better once your adapted.

Once you're fat adapted, fasting is really easy. You will not be hungry and stay fuller feeling longer because your body is using fat for fuel.

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                                I intermittent fast, but it's only 1 or 2 days a week, and I normally go 16-18 hours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                                It's only recommend to fast a couple days a week.

Thomas De'lauer has a lot of good youtube video's on keto and fasting.
                                Last edited by icetrauma; 09-10-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X