Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

JFT Turkey Tour 2017 [emoji884]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Bird #1

Setup about 200 yards from the roost this morning. I was hoping they still had the same pattern as they were during late deer season since I haven't been able to actually scout yet this year but was pretty sure the birds were still in the area.
    Was setup about 7:00 and started hearing gobbles close, made a few calls and at around 7:45 saw 3 hens working in field. Soon after i peeked to my right and saw this gobbler strutting and he saw the decoys and came in on a straight line within a minute to so from over 100 yards away.

Let him beat the jake up alittle and decided to let an arrow fly.

Sorry for the residental pics and not field pics but didn't have a way to take good pics by myself.
    Thanks to Bradco for coming by and taking these for me.

Great start to the season
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kenner97; 03-20-2017, 11:18 AM. Reason: Added text

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
      Setup about 200 yards from the roost this morning. I was hoping they still had the same pattern as they were during late deer season since I haven't been able to actually scout yet this year but was pretty sure the birds were still in the area.

Was setup about 7:00 and started hearing gobbles close, made a few calls and at around 7:45 saw 3 hens working in field. Soon after i peeked to my right and saw this gobbler strutting and he saw the decoys and came in on a straight line within a minute to so from over 100 yards away.

Let him beat the jake up alittle and decided to let an arrow fly.

Sorry for the residental pics and not field pics but didn't have a way to take good pics by myself.

Thanks to Bradco for coming by and taking these for me.

Great start to the season

Textbook hunt

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks Clay!!

Comment

Well done, Mose! Nice bird!

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
            Well done, Mose! Nice bird!
            Thanks Earl!!

Comment

Didn't have a single strutter on camera, which confirms what I experienced hunting yesterday. Birds aren't quite ready yet. Hens and toms are still split up in groups. Not much gobbling in response to hen yelps. Wasn't early enough to listen to them off the roost. Gobbling came in spurts. May hear birds gobble a bit for 10-15 mins then shut up for 2+ hours before hearing them sound off again. It sucks. I took next Friday off anticipating the birds would be ready (especially with the mild spring we've had). This report is for Edwards county just southwest of town.

May have to try out the 100 acre patch of family land in Gillespie county southwest of Stonewall.
              Last edited by TxHuntFish; 03-20-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHuntFish View Post
                Didn't have a single strutter on camera, which confirms what I experienced hunting yesterday. Birds aren't quite ready yet. Hens and toms are still split up in groups. Not much gobbling in response to hen yelps. Wasn't early enough to listen to them off the roost. Gobbling came in spurts. May hear birds gobble a bit for 10-15 mins then shut up for 2+ hours before hearing them sound off again. It sucks. I took next Friday off anticipating the birds would be ready (especially with the mild spring we've had). This report is for Edwards county just southwest of town.

May have to try out the 100 acre patch of family land in Gillespie county southwest of Stonewall.

Where ya located?

It's prime time here in Karnes and it appears to be he same across the state.

Comment

Gobble gobble birches!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Gobble gobble birches!!

Are those all mine???!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                      Are those all mine???!

Only the small ones. I was promised white wings and only got mourning dove.[emoji14][emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Only the small ones. I was promised white wings and only got mourning dove.[emoji14][emoji13][emoji23]

Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          Hahahahaha

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2017 [emoji884]

Early bird...

Brought his buddies and their girlfriends along this AM...

Last edited by Smart; 03-21-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Some pics from the past few days..........

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                                Some pics from the past few days..........

[

[I]

Double beard?

Comment

Working...
                                X