No announcement yet.

JFT Turkey Tour 2017 [emoji884]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been home on a Saturday in a while!

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2017

No huntin this weekend!

When I get a minute, I'll recap the season and close this one out.

Time to put all the gear away til next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ClayW; 04-30-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Anyone hunted San Angelo area lately ? Birds still responding ? What's the report

Comment

We hit it one last time for this year, and my dad connected on a Tom. 9 3/4" beard, 1 1/8" spurs and 19 pounds. I had birds working both mornings, but couldn't close the deal. These dang Easterns have my number, I just can't make it happen on a mature bird. At least we'll have more birds next year, only 2 killed on our 5000 acres, that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            Anyone hunted San Angelo area lately ? Birds still responding ? What's the report
            Hunted Menard last weekend. Birds were still gobbling good on the roost, but got quieter as the morning went on. I'd set up tight under the cover of darkness with minimal calling and decoys visible to roosted birds. If you don't get on one at flydown, get out ahead of where they are going and/or setup over a feeder if any are still throwing corn. Water sources a good places to setup as well. I got a bird to gobble and come in a little before noon hunting a water trough.

Comment

It's still turkey season??? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Aggie and 2Cool. Fish or chase turkeys one more time Clay? ..... hmm

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  Thanks Aggie and 2Cool. Fish or chase turkeys one more time Clay? ..... hmm

To be honest, I'd go fishing! [emoji476]

the birds should be slowing way down and I could only imagine the frustration a late season hunt would give.

Comment

Working...
                  X