Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
    Cedar Creek bound Monday morning for that cool front. I love that lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's full of black crappie!! Fun lake for sure!![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Think we waited a tad too late today to run for cover

Just because that rain on the radar is a patch of green with a little yellow does not mean in 15min it won't be a blob of red with lightning and hard rain

Kept about 30 between Friday and Saturday but they filled 4 quart bags

Comment

My reluctant fishing buddy...../
        Bagley just wants deer season to get here.
        She just can't like fishing but we did catch another bunch of fish Sunday
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2516.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	24547321

Comment

Maybe she doesn't like Skeeters!

Man my old lab would gobble up any small fish that hit the deck! He loved going with me! Everytime I hooked a fish I nearly tripped over him! Kicked more than a couple rods in the lake stumbling over the dog looking for a snack on the end of my line! Kicked 2 in the lake at one time one day!

Comment

I took this pic Sunday morning graphing for some crappie!! Pretty good sized gar! That's his head on the left and his tail on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crappie withdrawals

Upgraded the old trolling motor today. Went from a 12v 46lb MG to a 24v 80lb MK with ipilot. This should make my life much easier. When I figure it out at least.

Last edited by Texas Stalker; 07-30-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

It looks like my withdrawals are never gonna end. Just accepted a position with Boeing in Helena, Montana. Walleye fishing is pretty good, though.

Comment

Cedar Creek was a washing machine today. Even went for an accidental swim. Caught 4 slabs and called it a day. Weatherman lied.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                    It looks like my withdrawals are never gonna end. Just accepted a position with Boeing in Helena, Montana. Walleye fishing is pretty good, though.
                    Whoa! Congrats!? I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                      I can think of a whole lot less desirable places to live

Good luck with the job and congrats on trout, small mouth, pike, walleye etc fishing

Oh and the resident priced elk and deer tags

Comment

Upgraded the old trolling motor today. Went from a 12v 46lb MG to a 24v 80lb MK with ipilot. This should make my life much easier. When I figure it out at least.

If your spot lock acts squirrely.... you may need to move the GPS puck away from the motor.

On mine anyway, it was constantly moving back and forth. We moved the puck to behind the drivers seat and it will set still where I lock it now

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Whoa! Congrats!? I hope.
                          Yeah, tired of the contractor life. Time to settle down to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            I can think of a whole lot less desirable places to live

Good luck with the job and congrats on trout, small mouth, pike, walleye etc fishing

Oh and the resident priced elk and deer tags
                            I worked up there in 2016/2017 as a contractor and did quite a bit of fishing. Never caught any smallmouth or pike, but did catch quite a few walleye and a bunch of rainbows.

And, I put in for and got drawn for non-resident elk up there this year. So I was gonna be up there this year no matter what. Next year I won't need to get drawn!

Comment

Cedar Creek was a washing machine today. Even went for an accidental swim. Caught 4 slabs and called it a day. Weatherman lied.

better to do it in the summer than the winter. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                better to do it in the summer than the winter. What happened?

It was a tough morning. The drive is two hours through traffic down 635 to get there. So already mad when I pull up to the ramp. The Big Chief ramp is real steep. So I back in the boat in the water. Grab the rope and walk down the dock so I can just pull it off and tie it to the dock. Keep in mind this concrete dock is about 6 feet out of the water. Well the boat is sticking to the bunks and won’t pull off so I give it a good tug. SNAP!! Rope breaks and I do a flip off the dock into the water. Had to swim around to find my other flip flop and snuff. Swim back to the ramp and just sit there and laugh. Scratched up my leg pretty good. All I could think of was man I wish somebody would have been recording that lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X