No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went yesterday and fished from 5:30 until noon to catch 10 fish.
    Almost didn’t go this morning..... put in at 7:00 this morning.
    Caught about 80 fish by 10:00
    Kept the biggest 25

You just never know what they are going to do.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ECAB5210-D5E3-4C3F-8FA3-EC1EBAC127C5.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	24546853

Name:	C81038ED-E516-436E-8184-85ED1ACF3FC4.jpeg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	24546854

Comment

Awesome man! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You boys fishing with minnows? Headed back out to RR in the Morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Way to go Slew!

We just got back from a week at the beach in Alabama. Highs there were upper 80’s and we
          Caught a Lot of fish but no crappie LOL! The weather back here just plain sucks! We saw 107 at the La/Tx state line on the way back, now it’s time to get the lawn and chores done to get back to work tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
            You boys fishing with minnows? Headed back out to RR in the Morning.

We fished jigs all day. Clay tipped some with minnows and I occasionally stuck a piece of minnow on my jig. In summertime I think it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
              Way to go Slew!

We just got back from a week at the beach in Alabama. Highs there were upper 80’s and we
              Caught a Lot of fish but no crappie LOL! The weather back here just plain sucks! We saw 107 at the La/Tx state line on the way back, now it’s time to get the lawn and chores done to get back to work tomorrow.

We need to figure a day to get to Tawakoni and get your trip done!! It's been fun out there for numbers. Size isn't great but it's fun setting the hook all day long!![emoji106]
              I need to get some gulf shores fishing advice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                Went yesterday and fished from 5:30 until noon to catch 10 fish.

Almost didn’t go this morning..... put in at 7:00 this morning.

Caught about 80 fish by 10:00

Kept the biggest 25

You just never know what they are going to do.

[ATTACH]916685[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]916686[/ATTACH]

Kevin Rogers was on your lake some the last few days. He said the timber fishing sucked. Big Bobby Garland wrapped basscat. Him and Matt Beckman came to Tx for a few days to look for hammers! They had some but not typical pines summertime fish. I'm off to Fork for a couple weekends. Need some 2 pound slab therapy![emoji2]

Comment

Nice work Buff. Just never know, unless ya get out there.

Comment

I'm so ready for them 10 bites BTW Buff!! Hell with catching 100-200 fish a day! I want 7 quality bites and you live on one of the best lakes around to do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                      Heck this will be a good 1000th post here!! CAT Tawakoni qualifier in the books! Back to back wins and big fish! Went there 4-5 times in the last month and the big fish have been MIA! Can catch a cooler full every trip though with little effort! Usually fish are set up on timber good this time of year but they aren't this year for some reason. We fished brush piles last weekend and had around 10 pounds and decided that was our game plan and we stuck with it. Brush was crowded as that was many folks same plan as well but we hit several good piles and caught fish all day long! Probably culled through several hundred fish to end up with 9.84 and a 1.80 big fish. Bonehead slim sticks in grapevine and white lightning and hand ties in similar colors and a shad pattern put all our fish in the boat! It got hot once the wind laid down! On to Texoma! Need a good finish there to lock up AOY!!

Good job and congrats to yall... I guess back to back to back is still doable. Will be rooting for ya!

Comment

First 2 crappie this eve on Fork! Probably had close to 11 pounds this eve. Threw anything under 12" back. Smallest fish in the cooler is a 12" black crappie that was hooked in the gills so we kept him!

Comment

Looks like ya got into some hoss's on that lake!

Comment

I couldn’t help but laugh at us....
                            A buddy went with me this morning and we set out in the rain catching fish like a couple of teenagers.

You would think a couple of 60 year olds would have better sense

Name:	4EC9B663-D7AD-45F8-8219-21941D57B6CB.jpeg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	24547230

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              I couldn’t help but laugh at us....

A buddy went with me this morning and we set out in the rain catching fish like a couple of teenagers.

You would think a couple of 60 year olds would have better sense

[ATTACH]917448[/ATTACH]

But they need catching!!![emoji2]

We launched then the lightening went to popping. Went back to camp! Watched it rain till after 9! Went and ate breakfast and went to Hootens and went out after lunch and stuck a few in the cooler!

Comment

Cedar Creek bound Monday morning for that cool front. I love that lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X