Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranch Ride Recommendations....$ 4000 MAX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch Ride Recommendations....$ 4000 MAX!

Looking for something with doors, windows ac/heat...4x4

After researching the Jeeps GC and Liberty....those things moved way down to the bottom of my list.

4Runners are hard to come by and warrant premium price for a 25 yo vehicle.
    Nissan Xterra seem worthy, but Ive seen several with locked up motors.

Most of the stuff I'm looking at has around 150K miles.

Any recommendations from the green screen?

You should really check out a Jeep Cherokee (not the grand Cherokee) I had one with well over 200,000k and no issues. the inline 6 they had is a great motor. 4 Runners are good too. You just pay more for them.

Comment

I've hunted out of a couple isuzu troopers. They are dang good.

Comment

Buddy has a Jeep Liberty 4x4 with 2 inch lift and mud tires. It's the best deer lease ride I've been in

Comment

good hunting vehicles

Comment

Bought a 4 door jeep Cherokee at a city auction about 5yrs ago for under $2k...older square body. Turned the kids loose with some green, brown and black spray paint for a good camo paint job and that thing works like a champ. We did spend another $500 or so for some minor repairs. It's light and gets through mud better than any truck, it's quiet and has heat. Well worth it and it's been a great, and cheap, lease vehicle for years now.

Another vehicle that we've had that worked well and was cheap, and 4 doors, was a Suzuki Sidekick. Only thing I didnt like about it was how low it sat to the ground but that thing was very durable and also went through mud with ease.

Comment

I use a Nissan Xterra for my work vehicle and it has been a great. We bought it new for my wife and after we paid for it I kept it to use for work. I've thought about using it for a lease ride but decided to keep using it for a work car. It has 210k on it and no signs of slowing down.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1608.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	24485314
                Build you one like mine and you'll be happy. Maybe not one as pretty looking since it's a lease ride but they are a do all vehicle that lasts forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                  You should really check out a Jeep Cherokee (not the grand Cherokee) I had one with well over 200,000k and no issues. the inline 6 they had is a great motor. 4 Runners are good too. You just pay more for them.
                  This !

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Buddy has a Jeep Liberty 4x4 with 2 inch lift and mud tires. It's the best deer lease ride I've been in
                    I had originally decided on the a Liberty, but once I started reading about large amounts of motor and tranny failures.....I changed my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I use a Nissan Xterra for my work vehicle and it has been a great. We bought it new for my wife and after we paid for it I kept it to use for work. I've thought about using it for a lease ride but decided to keep using it for a work car. It has 210k on it and no signs of slowing down.
                      I like the Xterra. ....

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                        I looked at a square body cherokee, was nice, but had a ton of upgrades and out of my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                          I'll check them out......buddy of mine had an Isuzu pick up with over 300K

Comment

This one :

Comment

What Randy says....

My dad has one that we hunted north of Van Horn for mule deer with. That thing went everywhere and we couldn't tear it up. Its still going. Several neighbors call it the vehicle of death cuz its usually got something dead hanging off the hitch hauler.

Comment

Working...
                              X