Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranch Ride Recommendations....$ 4000 MAX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Suburbans are a dime a dozen on craigs list
    This. 00+ suburban or tahoe are all over the place. 2wd's with the g80 in the rearend are surprisingly very capable. All the guys on my lease like to ride in mine because it rides good and has air conditioning.

Comment

I posted a suburban.

Comment

Jeep apache

Comment

Here are the issues I have come across with your situation. What if you need to haul corn. What if you need to haul T post and wire. When you shoot a big deer or hog it's a pain to get in a bumper rack. The bottom line is a truck. As much as I try to get away from a truck it's the perfect tool.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBon View Post
            Here are the issues I have come across with your situation. What if you need to haul corn. What if you need to haul T post and wire. When you shoot a big deer or hog it's a pain to get in a bumper rack. The bottom line is a truck. As much as I try to get away from a truck it's the perfect tool.
            I did all that with my mule. We have a 5x10 trailer at camp. I'm all for a truck, but I have yet to find one that I'd be willing to buy for $4K. I don't get a lot of time to hunt much any more........last thing I want to do is spend all my time working on a hooptie!

Comment

As stated above I'd go for a pickup of some sort. Way to many things you'll need to haul around on a deer lease that can't be carried on one of those receiver hitch baskets.

Mine is a ford ranger. Sometimes I wish it was an F-150 but it is MUCH easier to get in and out of tight/brushy areas in the smaller ranger.

Comment

4 Door 4x4 truck! I use a 2002 4x4 3/4 ton Chevy. Has air and heat, can load lots of feed on these trucks!

Comment

Originally posted by DonBon View Post
                  100% agreed in your logic. My experience has been that there is always folks looking for an for older trucks with a bunch of miles on it than suburbans/tahoe's so you can get the burb cheaper. Also IMO you are more likely to find one that has practically been a grocery getter for its whole life and has never been hooked up to a trailer or worked very hard. I have a basket on the back that I had made that is the width of the bumper and has a little taller sides on it so it holds the deer better and it holds firewood better. I have the third row taken out of my suburban and when the middle seats are folded down you can fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in it. I have also fit 12' long 2x material and was able to close the back hatch. I have also had 26 sacks of corn in the back with the third row down and one of the middle seats. I will admit it pretty much puts the rear suspension on the bump stops and I would not drive very far for the sake of the rear axle. Does the inside get dirty when you put t posts and what not in it? Yeah it sure does but it is nothing a shop vac doesn't make quick work of.

Like I said before a truck is logical but for the money, ride quality, risk and adaptability all into consideration I think the suburban is the way to go. Remember a suburban is a regular cab long wheel base truck chassis with an enclosed camper shell over the bed and coil springs for rear suspension in lieu of leaf springs.

Comment

Go to KWHI.com it's a local radio station in the Brenham area. Every weekday morning for 8:10 am to 9:00 am the have a show segment called, the country store, people call in to buy, sell and trade just about anything.
                    From lawnmowers to garage sales, they will have folks quire often call in with used vehicles very similar to what you are requesting.
                    Best of luck. I've had friends buy lease rides from salvage yards as well. They usually have a salvage title, but typically run and drive for cheap. They haul them to the lease drive them til they quit, then upgrade to another.

Comment

Here is a post I put on here about a 4Runner. if you are interested in a 4Runner there are links to the 3rd Gen Toyota forum that will give you a bunch of info what to get.

I have a 1998 4Runner with elocker and it is awesome. It is a goat in mud I never worry about it. It is street legal and I drove it this morning to work since I have the F250 in for repairs.

Its best to look for the 1996 - 2002 3rd Generation 4Runners. Elocker is king of the hill if you find it.

Here is one for sale for $3495

This is a post I put on here sometime ago about a 4Runner lease ride. These 3rd gens are sweet they are small but haul a lot and turn on a dime and is really no bigger than a 4 seat UTV.

This is mine

Click image for larger version

Name:	profile.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	24485418

Ranchdog
                      Last edited by ranchdog; 02-16-2017, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                        Here is a post I put on here about a 4Runner. if you are interested in a 4Runner there are links to the 3rd Gen Toyota forum that will give you a bunch of info what to get.

I have a 1998 4Runner with elocker and it is awesome. It is a goat in mud I never worry about it. It is street legal and I drove it this morning to work since I have the F250 in for repairs.

Its best to look for the 1996 - 2002 3rd Generation 4Runners. Elocker is king of the hill if you find it.

Here is one for sale for $3495

This is a post I put on here sometime ago about a 4Runner lease ride. These 3rd gens are sweet they are small but haul a lot and turn on a dime and is really no bigger than a 4 seat UTV.

This is mine

[ATTACH]841503[/ATTACH]

Ranchdog
                        Nice.....but a long way from me....and I'm hooked up until April on a T/A. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I found one in houston, but the seller is awol.

Comment

F150

Comment

Working...
                          X