No announcement yet.

Pool excavation Tomball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got one word for ya. Fiberglass! At least take a look at them. I have owned other pools and the fiberglass pool we have now is the best so far, easy to take care of and fast to install.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
      Not if you pay cash and don't need a receipt. Let's face it. If the subs can do a solid cash job on the side for the OP then he can get a good deal out of them. He's gonna save some cash being the contractor for this project just like I saved cash by being the contractor on a couple of my houses. Building pools and houses can't be that hard, I've seen some of the people that do it.
      There are alot of people that can do it, but there aren't very many that can do it right.

Comment

I am a pool contractor. And I will be the first to say that this Industry is full of snake and good for nothing contractors who never stand by there work. With that said my recommendation is don't try for the cheapest thing out there or you will spend a fortune to fix. 30,000 may seem like a lot now but if some one has to come and fix structure you could easy double that and still have to play to refinish it. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
          I'm with you on this one. Let's use a roofing contractor for example. Let's say the free estimate comes in at $15k. What is the percentage of labor and material cost that is estimated into that $15k? I realize that insurance and other cost are absorbed in to the quote but based on the trucks that drive into the neighborhoods to give out free estimates I highly doubt the contractors are hurting and not making 10% or so they claim in profit.
          It's 40-50% for roofing contractors.

Is it wrong to wish one of them would come on and argue the numbers with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
            It's 40-50% for roofing contractors.

Is it wrong to wish one of them would come on and argue the numbers with me?
            Does that include overhead and profit ?

Comment

My buddy did exactly what your proposing and he saved exactly what your estimating. I don't know if the folks on here who say you won't save that much are including their overhead or what but in the end he saved 30k on a 100 pool.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                My buddy did exactly what your proposing and he saved exactly what your estimating. I don't know if the folks on here who say you won't save that much are including their overhead or what but in the end he saved 30k on a 100 pool.
                I believe the op said 30 K on a 70 K pool, hell if he can do that i will just sell them, let him build them, we split 30 K a pool, I pretty much know i could probably sell 40-50 a year, hell that is 750 K in my pocket for doing nothing but selling it, no overhead or headaches, sounds great to me, when do we start ? All bs aside, yes you could save a little money by building your own, there are several things that can bite you in the butt, and your time is not free, at least mine is not, i could be out making money doing what I know in stead of something that i do not know anything about. The pool building business is extremely competitive, more seem to go broke than make it in the business, you would think that with those profit margins more of them would survive.

Comment

Pool excavation Tomball

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  I believe the op said 30 K on a 70 K pool, hell if he can do that i will just sell them, let him build them, we split 30 K a pool, I pretty much know i could probably sell 40-50 a year, hell that is 750 K in my pocket for doing nothing but selling it, no overhead or headaches, sounds great to me, when do we start ? All bs aside, yes you could save a little money by building your own, there are several things that can bite you in the butt, and your time is not free, at least mine is not, i could be out making money doing what I know in stead of something that i do not know anything about. The pool building business is extremely competitive, more seem to go broke than make it in the business, you would think that with those profit margins more of them would survive.

I believe the original thread was asking if anyone had a contact for a pool excavator. No, I'm sure it was. You've regurgitated your opinion enough. I'll be sure to follow up with what takes place. Pics and numbers when it's done. I've gotten two more quotes from builders since starting this thread. $73 and $77k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Swampa; 02-15-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Following. Not for information, but affirmation this time.

Comment

Following. Not for information, but affirmation.

Comment

I cant help you much with the pool but I can get you block or natural stone for your retention wall. I'm up in magnolia. Shoot me a PM and we can get together on what you want, cost and installers if you need them. I can swing a wholesale discount for you on any of the stone products including the coping, waterfall and decking if you want natural stone or pavers

Comment

Originally posted by grassmaster View Post
                          I cant help you much with the pool but I can get you block or natural stone for your retention wall. I'm up in magnolia. Shoot me a PM and we can get together on what you want, cost and installers if you need them. I can swing a wholesale discount for you on any of the stone products including the coping, waterfall and decking if you want natural stone or pavers
                          Now this is a little more green screenish.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                            I'm ready to pull the trigger on a pool. Wanting to eliminate the expensive pool company! Anyone on here know of a reputable pool digger? I'm aware of Azteca just looking for more options.

Thanks
                            you get the beer and I'll bring a couple of shovels and we can make it a month long dig party ?

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              No offense Sir, but if you do it yourself, it's not saving a little money, it's saving a lot of money.

Comment

I been in the pool business since 1984, have worked on an estimated 30,000 swimming pools, I have most of my own crews to build a pool, I have my own concrete trucks, dump trucks, excavators, concrete crews, rock crews, plaster crews, and a sales staff, i think the op said he could save 30K in post number 6 , maybe i am nuts or one dumb arse but I thought that is what i read, if not then i apologize.

Comment

Working...
                                X