No announcement yet.

If I get one more phone call.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still getting them on my wife's 2007, hang up on the call and tear up the mailer one.

I loved the call from the local sales gal at Martin Chevrolet telling me she could save me money and cut my payments on a new car below what I was paying now. Told her to give me the deal, then told her I wasn't paying a car note and asked where I should pick up my new car. Click!

Comment

Talk to Cable. He has a fun way of dealing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
        I get those and Heather from account services every day. The numbers are from random locations. Drives me nuts.
        This is the one I get most of the time. Usually several times a week.

Comment

I get a few solicitor calls almost daily. It doesn't bother me, as soon as I recognize it's a solicitor(usually takes about 2 seconds), I just say "No thank you, Bye" and hang up the phone. They are usually still trying to talk when I hang up the phone but they don't call back, at least not right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            We should figure out how export our list of blocked callers so we can build a good list for everyone to share.

There's an app for that.

It's called mr number. And I phone can block them as well.

I use my phone for business. If I don't recognize the number, if they know me they will leave a voice mail. If not they either leave one of the robocalls and I block it or they just hang up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've heard of people put their phone on speaker,put the phone near a toilet and flush and then they don't call anymore.
              I have never tried it but I don't get any such calls.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

If I don't recognize the number, I don't pick up. Works every time.

Comment

Give the phone to a four year old. Tell him it's Santa Clause.

Comment

Getting ready to contact/e-mail/write both senators and my representative about this. I'm going to ask them to put some teeth into violations of the do not call listing. Currently you can file a complaint on-line with the FCC but they only use the complaints to evaluate the callers' techniques--I want prosecution!

I like to take my little air horn and when a live operator finally comes on, I give them a blast or two.

Comment

Originally posted by kdkane1971 View Post
                      Sometimes I answer as "City Morgue". They usually don't call back after I tell them I don't know the person they are calling about but can check the toe tags of the bodies under the sheets.
                      Man that's a good one got a good laugh out of that one

Comment

Yep get those calls at least twice weekly. They have called me on a 08 company truck that wasn't in my name. They latest is the call saying it is their final attempt to contact me about my delinquent student loans. I've been out of college for at least 30 years and I paid for my schooling personally. Where do they get their information?

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          Tell them you no longer own that vehicle.
                          Doesn't work.....told them for three years and they still call. I've blocked 30 numbers and they call from different ones all the time.

Comment

There is a way to stop them, should be able to sign up with nomorobo through your service provider....

Finally! No more annoying robocalls and spam texts.

Comment

I had one call just before Christmas, and actually spoke with them for a few minutes on speaker phone with my wife listening, I told the lady Merry Christmas, and she replied Happy Holiday, I repeated it again saying " No mam I told you Merry Christmas not happy holiday, and if you expect me to sign up for any thing your selling you need to drop the political correctness and reply a Merry Christmas to you sir " she was obviously from over seas and was not going to say it, well after a few failed attempts she actually wished me a Merry Christmas, hearing it come from her was odd but she actually broke down and said it. A small victory

Comment

Working...
                              X