• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a krivoman timed protein feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
      Is it a krivoman timed protein feeder?
      Its a homemade one using The Hammer timer. Which I believe is the same timer that is on the Krivoman feeders.

Comment

We just got back today from the lease! Got feeders filled, blind moved, all around did some work and now the waiting game begins!

Can't wait to sling an arrow come October.

A few camera pics. Idk why but for 2 solid weeks I had nothing on camera prior to Friday.
        Also, something broke my protein tube completely off. Broke it off the welds. Camera was to far to catch anything moving so missed out on pics

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Too bad...

your camera didn't catch whatever it was that knocked the feeder spout off. I had the same thing happen. Lease members went out to fill feeders and found mine on the ground and my camera stand torn up. They put the camera back in the cabin and fixed the feeder to get it working. I thought no big deal,I'll look at the pics next time I go. Yeah. The camera went dead 3 weeks before they went out to fill so no pics.

Mine was staked down real good too. I'm thinking a bear or pigs or the only mule on the place tore it up.

I'm hot to go back! I just got m bow all tuned up and ready to go. What kind of blind are you hunting from? Ground blind?

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            your camera didn't catch whatever it was that knocked the feeder spout off. I had the same thing happen. Lease members went out to fill feeders and found mine on the ground and my camera stand torn up. They put the camera back in the cabin and fixed the feeder to get it working. I thought no big deal,I'll look at the pics next time I go. Yeah. The camera went dead 3 weeks before they went out to fill so no pics.

Mine was staked down real good too. I'm thinking a bear or pigs or the only mule on the place tore it up.

I'm hot to go back! I just got m bow all tuned up and ready to go. What kind of blind are you hunting from? Ground blind?
            Man no my camera took pics but never took one of anything there. I have about 50 pics and they show it attached, then off and then show it moved all around but never took a pic of any animals except the dove. My guess is it was to far to see anything. Sh*t IDK.
            Camera wasn't messed with. I had it rigged and took a pic of it and it was in the exact same set up.

It was either a mule or hot that grabbed it and ripped it off.

Comment

I'll be in a pop up placed on a platform.
              These are the platforms. One is mine and the other is BlakeS

Comment

Originally posted by F0WL_LIF3 View Post
                Man no my camera took pics but never took one of anything there. I have about 50 pics and they show it attached, then off and then show it moved all around but never took a pic of any animals except the dove. My guess is it was to far to see anything. Sh*t IDK.
                Camera wasn't messed with. I had it rigged and took a pic of it and it was in the exact same set up.

It was either a mule or hot that grabbed it and ripped it off.

There were feral horses on our Pasture not too long ago. Maybe you have some of those Messing with it.

Comment

It'll be a dead horse if he gets caught lol

Comment

Unfortunately for me....

that mule ain't going anywhere, but I've never seen him up top where my blind is. I'm thinking hogs or bear. I took a new camera and stand-n-fill feeder out last time so we shall see.

I like that platform idea. I was thinking about getting a popup for this year, but I don't bow hunt much anymore. That's about to change though.

I may have to move my tripod a little closer.

Comment

Anyone dove hunting opening weekend? I'm really hoping the cool front will get them flying. Just hope it's not as wet as last year. Standing water everywhere had the birds scattered on our place.

Comment

Unfortunately no. Pretty sure my dove hunting for the first two weeks is rained out and I won't make to the lease again for at least 3 more weeks.

Besides, you may not be hunting in Val Verde County either. Unless your using a snorkel and spear gun!

Comment

I hope not! The forecasts I've seen are predicting no more that a couple inches over the next couple of days, clearing to mostly sunny by this Sunday. Our place dries out quickly so a week of sun may get them back to the ponds by September. Or here's hoping!

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                            Anyone dove hunting opening weekend? I'm really hoping the cool front will get them flying. Just hope it's not as wet as last year. Standing water everywhere had the birds scattered on our place.

I make a trip every year for Labor Day weekend. Mainly because it's a 3 day weekend and we make it a work weekend. The dove hunting hasn't been very good for a few years. There was tons of dove 4-5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody have any thoughts on how this hurricane will affect the dove hunting in Val Verde?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope not me. If I had to guess wouldnt the "hurricane" push the birds back up north? For the weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X