No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another positive note, Morton pitched another solid game. Looks like the best starters so far are Fiers, Morton, and Peacock. Hopefully McHugh and Keuchel will join them with solid outings in the next two weeks. Going to make Luhnow look great if they do.

Comment

This whole Sipp thing has almost become comical. I just don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great and terrible game wrapped up in one. Good W???

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          On another positive note, Morton pitched another solid game. Looks like the best starters so far are Fiers, Morton, and Peacock. Hopefully McHugh and Keuchel will join them with solid outings in the next two weeks. Going to make Luhnow look great if they do.
          True statement. Morton looked money.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Feliz ****s bed...martes sets bed on fire.....and hits a guy with a 3-2 count..bases loaded... ..
            Devo to put out this dumpster fire of an inning...

Luhnow rethinking some of todays decisions?

Just as a fun fact. My son gave up a home run in high school to the guy who got hit by the pitch (Featherston). I just texted him and told him maybe he should have done that instead. [emoji12]

Comment

I hope Devo can hang in there until Harris gets back. I think Devo deserves a DL trip just to rest up at some point by Sept 1.

Comment

There's enough of them resting already?....

Bullpen stepped up and held their own the 1st half of the season and gave us an 18 game lead. We forget so quickly...

Last edited by Thumper; 08-01-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  There's enough of them resting already?....

Bullpen stepped up and held their own the 1st half of the season and gave us an 18 game lead. We forget so quickly...

This is not entirely untrue....
                  Gotta step up again and finish....

Comment

Astros GM Jeff Luhnow tells reporters (including Jake Kaplan of the Houston Chronicle) that the team was working on some potential trades that “at times I would’ve put them at 90 percent-plus that we were going to get them done.” Instead, the only deal Houston made was to acquire Francisco Liriano, a much lower-profile move than some of the trades made by other World Series contenders at the deadline. Outfield prospect Derek Fisher was asked about in almost every possible deal, Luhnow said.
                    Last edited by systemnt; 08-01-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

edit.. lotsa double post site hiccups as of late..

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        I havent forgotten at all, hence my Devo needs a break comment. He, Harris and Fiers really stepped it up when the team needed them the most. Now it is time for others to do the same. McHugh looked really good in his last outing, and hopefully Keuchel shows some similar progress in his next start.

In the meantime, the offense keeps destroying mediocre to poor pitching.

Comment

Pretty good article...
                          The Astros failed to make a big splash at the 2017 non-waiver trade deadline, but that does not mean the team is doomed in October.

Comment

dang Devo is avg'ing 1.1 innings of work per outing.... yeh.. he needs to get some rest... which means the rest of these young meatheads need to pull their weight..and the starters need to go 6+ (preferably 7) innings..

Comment

Sipp GONE!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                                Sipp GONE!
                                He's gonna release those photos of Lunhow's wife any day now.....

Comment

Working...
                                X