2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    We had great Yu last start, so I'm gonna say good Yu tonight.

They mentioned some limitations after last start - Said that he is good to go tonight though. Still scares me with him just hearing anything.

I love Beltre
    yep, he's an all time favorite for sure.

Comment

good Yu

Comment

We had great Yu last start, so I'm gonna say good Yu tonight.

They mentioned some limitations after last start - Said that he is good to go tonight though. Still scares me with him just hearing anything.

I love Beltre
        Yu is becoming the glass doll Sean Lee with his list of constant "ailments"

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Yu is becoming the glass doll Sean Lee with his list of constant "ailments"
          This is the truth - Hopefully Lee continues to play like he has the last 2 seasons.

I dont know if it is the number of pitches and the toll that takes on your arm or what, but it is frustrating that he cannot stay healthy. Especially because I would really like to hold on to him going into the off season. There is nothing even close to an ace on this staff other than him. Hamels has started a steady decline it seems. He will hopefully eat up innings like he has in the past, but I think his years of being great are getting further away from him.

Comment

This is the truth - Hopefully Lee continues to play like he has the last 2 seasons.

I dont know if it is the number of pitches and the toll that takes on your arm or what, but it is frustrating that he cannot stay healthy. Especially because I would really like to hold on to him going into the off season. There is nothing even close to an ace on this staff other than him. Hamels has started a steady decline it seems. He will hopefully eat up innings like he has in the past, but I think his years of being great are getting further away from him.

Don't forget about Dirkx.....

Comment

sadly it seems as if the hamels decline started before he got here, i have a few nerd buddies that dig into the saber numbers and they say his best days are far gone.

Comment

I think Yu's main ailment is in his cranium, or maybe heart area. I honestly don't know if he battles himself in his head too much, or if he just doesn't have much of stomach for a fight every 5th day. He rarely shows much emotion, and when he does it's usually a frown when a pitch is sailing over the fence. It seems he really wants to be perfect. "Perfect" meaning that he strikes out every batter and no batter ever touches a pitched ball. He should embrace the idea of letting the whole team play, and get outs with as few pitches as possible. (Like i'm a MLB pitching coach / manager. ) Oh well. we shall see...

Yeah, AB-D is the man right now. I just saw Cashner is supposed to start this weekend. Surely AB-D doesn't lose his spot. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                  Yeah, AB-D is the man right now. I just saw Cashner is supposed to start this weekend. Surely AB-D doesn't lose his spot. Right?
                  Perez is on the DL so I bet he stays for another start. I heard they will keep him or Martinez up for long relief. Story and performance wise I hope its ABD......although Martinez hasn't been completely horrible as of late. I just gagged a little saying that..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Perez is on the DL so I bet he stays for another start. I heard they will keep him or Martinez up for long relief. Story and performance wise I hope its ABD......although Martinez hasn't been completely horrible as of late. I just gagged a little saying that..
                    Haha - been a strange turn of events to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      good Yu
                      bad Yu so far?

Comment

Decent yu. Crappy mazara and as usual ceappy odor. If odor cant find a way to start hitting maybe he needs to go to the minors again to find his bat.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin01 View Post
                          Decent yu. Crappy mazara and as usual ceappy odor. If odor cant find a way to start hitting maybe he needs to go to the minors again to find his bat.
                          This is his 3rd year right? So not the sophomore slump?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            This is his 3rd year right? So not the sophomore slump?
                            Not sure what is the problem with odor but almost halfway through the season and his b a is crap. Hard seeing a lineup with 3 guys hitting right around 200.

Comment

...and Dario Alvarez is on the team exactly why?...

my rogprosticnation skillz su..., well, they're not good...

Comment

Well this game is now officially over. Alvarez is in and doing what he does best.

Comment

Working...
                                X