No announcement yet.

2017 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comin on . . "The Oleo Farm", a cheap spread . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

First toms ready for harvest. Boys were hovering over me as I was taking the pic, "now can we eat them?" lol. I highly recommend these for tomato lovers. Everyone I have shared them with absolutely loves them.

Sun Gold
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1611.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	24491025

Comment

garden

Hey Salt it is called floating row cover, I order it on line and you can reuse it if you are careful with it. That sounds like the squash vine borers, about the time they start baring they will just wilt and die over night. If you cut one open near the ground you will find the worms inside that look like a grub. The row cover will prevent them, just put it on when you plant and pull off when the plants start growing into it. Good luck to all!

Comment

Hey Salt it is called floating row cover, I order it on line and you can reuse it if you are careful with it. That sounds like the squash vine borers, about the time they start baring they will just wilt and die over night. If you cut one open near the ground you will find the worms inside that look like a grub. The row cover will prevent them, just put it on when you plant and pull off when the plants start growing into it. Good luck to all!

Comment

Sorry about the double post!!!

Comment

You have got quite the setup Bowhuntinonly, beautiful garden. Rows of veggies for days, Awesome!

Costoluto Genovese

Name:	IMG_1631.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24491145

Surpriz

Name:	IMG_1632.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	24491146

Thong

Name:	IMG_1633.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	24491147

First zucchini, Flying Saucer

Name:	IMG_1634.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	24491148

Comment

DBH
                I saw those Genovese and nearly got some this year. Keep us posted on how you like them. Might try next year

Comment

But Sharecropper, your peppers last till November!!! Still looking good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                    Thank you sir! I think my wife's problem this year is just TOO MUCH WATER! The areas that didn't flood in her garden are doing just fine... I most definitely will look at getting that cover material for next year. Heck, that'd be a good frost barrier too.

Comment

I feel like it's finally taking shape!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Thank you sir! I think my wife's problem this year is just TOO MUCH WATER! The areas that didn't flood in her garden are doing just fine... I most definitely will look at getting that cover material for next year. Heck, that'd be a good frost barrier too.
                        It is a frost barrier.

Comment

Yes it is a good frost barrier.

Comment

What's the secret to healthy bell peppers and jalapeƱos? The rest of my stuff looks great, they are both lacking substantially? Pretty much haven't grown at all since planting

Comment

Everything starting to turn on, and really excited about the blackberries!

Comment

I'm beginning to worry about my cucumbers. They got to this stage pretty quickly (10 days) but they've stayed like this for another 10 days and seemed to be shriveling and yellowing. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X