No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg day, high bar squats, trap bar deadlifts, seated leg curls and calve raises.

Comment

Vanity arm day before wings and football.

Comment

Did 3.9 miles with a 40 pound pack today, hit the gym to work out legs, delts, and abs.

Comment

Have been out of state and out of the country the last 2 weeks getting married and on the honeymoon and only managed to work out twice and play Bball another day.

Back at it today and ramping things up as me and the wife are having a competition from now until Christmas Day.

Today was back and bi's because I missed Biceps lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Have been out of state and out of the country the last 2 weeks getting married and on the honeymoon and only managed to work out twice and play Bball another day.

Back at it today and ramping things up as me and the wife are having a competition from now until Christmas Day.

Today was back and bi's because I missed Biceps lol
            Hopefully you got a decent workout during the honeymoon [emoji6] !

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Starting a big nutrition challenge at the gym tomorrow... so I did the Texan thing to do and had a whataburger for dinner tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                Starting a big nutrition challenge at the gym tomorrow... so I did the Texan thing to do and had a whataburger for dinner tonight!
                Nice!

Comment

I missed a couple of days...

last week. However, I made up for it by loading feeders all weekend. Additionally, I pushed my UTV for about .10 miles cuz it quit on me.

Comment

down from 207 to 199 in the last 3 weeks. Most of that is initial water weight. Need to get back down to my fighting weight of 185 and go from there. Should be there by the end of November if everything goes to plan. Today will be core work, as well as chest, shoulders and tris.

I will say its good to get back in the gym on a regular schedule after so much time off. Its amazing how much strength and cardiovascular endurance you can loose just taking 9 months off. But I wouldn't trade it...I am glad I spent that time with my newborn daughter. Now its just time to get it all back together.

Comment

Got 'er done today. Back and legs. Squat/wide grip rows, hack squat/calf raises/pullups, low row/leg extensions, hanging leg raises/ab roller.

Chest and hamstrings tomorrow.

Comment

Back at it again...

it felt pretty good to do some dead lifts and shoulders today despite the tightness in my back and pain in my hip. Still super setting 5X8 today. Dead lift/lateral raise, prone leg curl/barbell upright row/calf raises, incline rear delt fly/incline leg raises/goblet squats.

Chest and biceps tomorrow if my elbow cooperates. Kinda hyper-extended it last week in the gym and feels a little funny.

Comment

Idk what is going on lack of sleep, increased stress or what. Feeling achy all over, shoulders didn't want to get motivated after an extended 30 min warm up. Trashed it and hoping to get some rest today. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Comment

I'm still at it. Have something going on though that started yesterday. My tricep started twitching, and has had a pretty much non stop twitch all night and all morning. Not painful, just a twitch? And all I did yesterday was a 5 mile ruck. No strength training. Not sure what to make of it.

Comment

I've been working some long weird hours last week and this week due to being even more short handed than usual. Got back at it today with a light weight chest workout.

Comment

Over the past few weeks I've been designing a workout to give people ( like myself now) a better workout with less risk of injury or reinjury. And it all came together on mondays chest and Tuesday back! Holy geezzzz. I'm actually sore,pumped and feel like I accomplished something

I'm no bs in the gym. Get in, kick my @$$, cardio... done. I don't talk, phone, break more than 45sec-1 min. But since injuring my shoulder and rehabilitation I can't lift enough to get the job done without risking injury.

So I compiled some lifts in a reverse order to pre fatigue the muscle with single joint lifts so that any compound lift wouldn't require 1/2 the weight to get the job done. But also added super sets to keep muscle fatigue and pump. And drop set on final.

The workouts so far have lasted 25-30 min plus 25-30 cardio.

Chest:

3 super sets of 15, drop set on 3rd
                                1.cable crossover ( don't bother my shoulders at all)
                                2. Dumbbell press ( these before injury would've been 90's... now 40's. BUT chest actually gives out before shoulder pain stops me)

3 giant sets

1. Machine press 3/4 range of motion. Keeping all tension in the chest
                                2. Incline machine press slow and only working bottom 3/4 of range. Keep chest under tension NOT triceps.
                                3. Svend press after fail, flex/pose chest as hard as possible 20 sec

Done!

Looking for a new routine or I my shoes? Try it and give me what you would change. I'll post back later. I can still feel it swelling so I know I gave my lats a beating!

Comment

Working...
                                X