New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Low Fence....

hate to hear that! You did this on reverse grip bench press? Stick with the RICE for awhile and hopefully it will come back. Maybe you can add some bi's and tri's in there. Keep it light and go for reps. All supported movements of course and keep those elbows locked to your sides.

Made it in today. Woke up at 0445 and hit it by 0545. Back, legs, and abs. Warm up is walk on treadmill 5 minutes then two sets lat pull-downs and leg extensions. Then superset 5 X 5 . Penley rows/leg extensions, wide grip pull ups/hack squats, ab roller/seated row/hanging leg raises/calf raises.

Tomorrow is chest and biceps.

Comment

Got it done on leg day. Low weight with high reps.

After warm up, knees still acting funny so, no squats.

Leg press 8x20 narrow/wide stance 10/10.
      Seated leg curls 6x10
      Calve press 3 x 15
      Seated calve raises 3x10

Each set was 3 sec concentric and 3 second eccentric. Slow reps, constant tension and a good burn/pump. Finished up with 10 min walk to loosen up on the treadmill. Then some foam rolling and stretches. In the sauna now relaxing.

Comment

Strain/ partial torn superspanatous (sp?.... a rotator cuff muscle), not a complete tear. 2 weeks, bare minimum but a lot of stretching excersises. Then after 2 weeks light rehabilitation if no extreme sharp pain

With y'all as my witness I will never bench with a bar again... ever

Comment

Yep..

supraspinatus is one of the 5 muscles in the rotator cuff complex. Definitely gonna take awhile to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Strain/ partial torn superspanatous (sp?.... a rotator cuff muscle), not a complete tear. 2 weeks, bare minimum but a lot of stretching excersises. Then after 2 weeks light rehabilitation if no extreme sharp pain

Sounds better than I feared. I've switched to only dumbbells, resistance bands, and body weight. Take it easy!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Had my best bench day of my life today.

295 x 4
              305 x 2
              315 x 1 (first time to do 315 with no spotter)

plus 2 sets 0f 10 at 225 and 2 sets of 20 at 135 for volume.

Comment

DO NOT RUSH IT!!!!!! Last thing you want is a full tear. Take it as easy as possible and follow instructions to the T. It might put your deer season on slow mo but better to miss the early season than an entire season.

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                Had my best bench day of my life today.

295 x 4
                305 x 2
                315 x 1 (first time to do 315 with no spotter)

plus 2 sets 0f 10 at 225 and 2 sets of 20 at 135 for volume.

Good sets, keep it up and congrats.

Comment

There are only 4 muscles comprising the cuff, but your right, it is one of them.
                  Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  supraspinatus is one of the 5 muscles in the rotator cuff complex. Definitely gonna take awhile to heal.

Comment

Legs today. Probably didn't have to cut the weight for legs today, but I did anyway. Almost talked myself out of it since I'm not counting this week, but I got it done!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Still at it. The hard work paid off for me and my 15 yoa son. He weighed in at 195 5'11 and benched 255. Ran the 40 in 4.95. The early summer workouts with his pops did him good! I am still lifting and started on the jump rope Sunday before. I am up to 1300 jumps a morning and getting ready for the elk and mountains next month.

Comment

Tiled a tub surround and backsplash this evening. Didn't push it... but I'm zapped

Comment

25 minutes cardio abs and shoulder "circles"...hard to wake up early for that much excitement but got it done

Comment

25 minutes cardio abs and shoulder "circles"...hard to wake up early for that much excitement but got it done
                            But you got it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                              There are only 4 muscles comprising the cuff, but your right, it is one of them.
                              My old training manual lists the deltoid in that mix as well. I don't remember what part it plays, just remember that for some weird reason.

Dragged my old arse out of bed this AM and got it done. Chest and biceps day. The GF was back in the gym as well since hurting her back a couple weeks ago. 5X5 super sets flat bench (Low Fence was on my mind here)/barbell curls, wide grip chest press/preacher curls, seated incline dumbbell curls/pushups. I didn't have enough time for abs today. I'll make it up tomorrow during legs and shoulders.

Comment

This might help

I suffered for almost a year with shoulder pain. Thank God I'm better now but these videos helped me realize what I was doing wrong and the proper posture when performing certain movements. Good Luck

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y3WDY1tUo"]TOP 5 WORST EXERCISES (Stop Doing These!!) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sNYB1Q6aM"]Rotator Cuff Killer (SHOULDER LATERAL RAISES!) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8"]WORST Shoulder Exercise (WATCH IT TEAR A SHOULDER MUSCLE!!) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X