Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wrapping up P90X. Next week is the last week of the actual workouts, the week after is the last recovery week and then I'm done. I starting it not planning to lose any weight and just maintain at 185. I upped my calories because I figured I would lose a few lbs anyway, and I did. Lost 7 lbs and I'm about 178 but I increased my reps on everything on just about every workout from the first day. I don't think I'll do it again though, this was the 3rd time I've done it. I'll just maintain through deer season doing a little cardio and body weight training then I'll figure out something new to try next spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chest and tris along with 30 mins of cardio (10 mins on the arc trainer and 20 mins of jogging)

Chest
      Bench with BB
      Incline with BB
      Bench with DB's
      Close hand grip Bench incline with flys
      Cable crossovers
      Machine bench
      Machine flys
      Military push ups

Tris
      Dips
      Extentions
      Overhead extensions DB
      Over Head extensions machine/rope
      Downward extensions bar
      Downward extensions single
      That machine that's a dip and also works your chest thingy

All 4x10 or 4x12

I believe I have topped off my barbell bench. I've been trying to get over the 225 hump for awhile but I've seen zero progress the last 2 months. Also benching on the barbell is extremely uncomfortable for me as it orients my arms in chest in a strange way while I can beast on funnels and have been seeing improvements there.

Comment

Tested the water today. Not gonna count this week in my program, but not wanting to just take off either. Elbow and shoulder feeling better, but still a little uncomfortable. Doesn't feel like the tennis elbow I had a couple years ago. Did chest today, but I cut my weight in half and did girly push-ups. Slowed down my reps and focused on form. Feeling good for now, we'll see how it is tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Worst fear just became reality...

4th set of mo&$&%^ f@&$ing bench press..... POP!!! Right shoulder power meter went to zero.... that about sums up this fed up day

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Worst fear just became reality...

4th set of mo&$&%^ f@&$ing bench press..... POP!!! Right shoulder power meter went to zero.... that about sums up this fed up day
            Dang, sorry to hear that! Looks like we need to rename this thread "midyear injured reserve list!"

Comment

My gym is having another challenge. Great way to stay focused during the 3rd quarter of the year.

Comment

I'm 1/2 scared, and 1/2 mad. This is literally the one thing that goes though my head every time I walk in the gym " you can destroy any muscle you want...except your rotator cuff muscles". My shoulders are everything in my life from work to play. I warm them up religiously. I HATE bench as I've mentioned a dozen times. But today went with a reverse grip, somewhat light to work on contract and squeeze. I was at the bottom of movement milliseconds from liftoff.... sounded like someone snapped a pencil.

One of my best friends and the owner of the west Texas ranch I'm fortunate to hunt is a physical therapist. He's said he could get me in tomorrow to access the damage.

Dove season- weeks away
                Mexico- month away
                Deer season - 2 months away

Knocking on single digit bf%

Sorry for long post, just a little pi$$$$$ed

Comment

Hope everything goes well Low Fence. I had almost the same things going threw my mind when I woke up Saturday. Mine's feeling better, hopefully yours will also!

Comment

Low fence that's awful to hear and I believe I'm done doing Bench with the bar all after reading that....

Hope it is a quick recovery sir!

Just finished 2 hours of 3x3 basketball.... officially exhausted and my feet are done.

Alarm set for 5am to hit the gym for a hour of cardio and abs in the morning. May mix in calves and forearms also if I have enough time.

Fingers crossed I get up.

Comment

Best wishes and prayers for ya Low Fence.

Comment

I don't see how you boys do this 4:00 and 5:00AM crap, I'd never workout if I had to do it that early. Kudos to y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                          I don't see how you boys do this 4:00 and 5:00AM crap, I'd never workout if I had to do it that early. Kudos to y'all!
                          You feel good all day when you start that early. Having said that, I can't seem to make myself do it here lately!

Comment

Slept fine last night. Went to gym this morning planning on extra cardio and it was "going " to be a back day.... scratch that. I guess it swole more last night, cause the movement I had that was pain free, ain't.

I'm not gonna no to push it, it's hurt. Did 45 min cardio
                            Will have to re work diet and watch it to a T to stay somewhat on track if I'm going to be out as long as I fear

Other than legs and abs.... what else can I do? I know there are a few on here that have gone through the same

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Slept fine last night. Went to gym this morning planning on extra cardio and it was "going " to be a back day.... scratch that. I guess it swole more last night, cause the movement I had that was pain free, ain't.

I'm not gonna no to push it, it's hurt. Did 45 min cardio
                              Will have to re work diet and watch it to a T to stay somewhat on track if I'm going to be out as long as I fear

Other than legs and abs.... what else can I do? I know there are a few on here that have gone through the same

Rest, ice, anti-inflammatories, rehab and maybe some band work.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                                lol I almost caved!

I slammed that snooze button and planned on sleeping in because my feet were done from basketball yesterday and I was exhausted however I couldn't do it
                                Made it to the gym at 5:35 and did 1 hour of cardio and a short circuit of abs (need to stop doing short circuits and do full blown circuits)

Anyways ~600 cals down the drain to start the days and feeling solid

Comment

Working...
                                X