No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustment went better than expected. SI joint is causing pelvic rotating. I can actually lay on my bed without a huge arch in my low back. Will go back at least 3 more times. Hit shoulder back tonight.

All super sets and 5x5

Wide grip pull ups/Standing OHP
    Close grip pull ups/Z - presses
    Pendley rows/DB presses

Felt good.

Comment

All of this is awesome to see. i started my fitness/ weight loss journey this week. some background on me, former college offensive lineman up until e medical disqualification followed by the past 10 months of partying and trying to drink away the fact i wasn't playing. I'm looking forward to getting back on the fitness train

Comment

Cardio, Chest and calves today. Welcome TXSTBowhunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
          Little background..I workout pretty hard everyday..Everyday.
          "To failure" is something I've never done before..Getting that last sit up while inverted on a heavy bag..Last rep on bench,elbows quivering,closest I've ever been til about 10 mins ago..Seated rows.Stopped counting @ 39..It was my last set,5x12 130lbs..I don't remember much after 39.I heard the weights slam,and looking at my watch;I was out for about 2 mins...It ain't for me,lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
          It isn't a good workout until you've seen stars or throw up!

Today was back and triceps 5X5 supersets. I spent a little too much time talking about diet with another guy so I didn't get in everything I wanted, but it was still pretty good.

Penley rows/pronated and supinated pushdowns, wide grip rows/skull crushers, overhead extensions/kickbacks.

Range time tomorrow. Back at it on Monday. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Very true Sabrekiller,lol
            My workouts are strong,and @ 43 yrs old;bout as ripped as you're gonna get..To failure doesn't work,at my age.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
              It isn't a good workout until you've seen stars or throw up!

Today was back and triceps 5X5 supersets. I spent a little too much time talking about diet with another guy so I didn't get in everything I wanted, but it was still pretty good.

Penley rows/pronated and supinated pushdowns, wide grip rows/skull crushers, overhead extensions/kickbacks.

Range time tomorrow. Back at it on Monday. Have a great weekend!
              Nothing like a good puking during/after leg day!

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              Very true Sabrekiller,lol
              My workouts are strong,and @ 43 yrs old;bout as ripped as you're gonna get..To failure doesn't work,at my age.

I don't go to failure anymore myself, well not intentionally anyway. Always have a spotter. Going to failure each time is not a good thing imo. Not even the big boys do that.

Comment

Easy day of treadmill, foam rolling, stretching and sauna. Gotta loosen that piriformus muscle up.

Comment

biceps, triceps and abs today. Going to play 27 this afternoon/evening.

Comment

8 miles rucking this morning with 36+ pound pack.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

A good start to the day...

Its amazing what a 2.5 hour nap on Sunday afternoon can do for you! Hit it pretty good today. Back and legs 5X5 supersets. t-bar rows/hacksquats/hanging leg raises, wide grip pullups/leg extensions/calf raises/ab roller. Increased the weight quite a bit on the rows, hacksquat, and extensions which was nice. Shows my strength is increasing. I do more than 5 on the pullups, actually going to failure. I haven't done weighted pullups in awhile. Probably start doing that later this week.

Shoulders and hams tomorrow. Git U Sum!

Comment

Arms and cardio this morning

Comment

Back at it again after taking last week off. It's amazing how long it takes to build muscle, but how quickly you loose it. I was planning to increase weight before I took last week off. I was struggling to lift the weight I lifted week before last. Very disappointing!

Chest today.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday was back and calves, today was legs, abs and cardio. I hear ya on the losing strength so fast. I basically was on and off for about 6 weeks awhile back and probably lost about 20-25% on nearly every lift. SUCKS being old.

Comment

Chest and back day today...5x5 all supersets

BB row/bench press
                              single arm row/Hammer Strength Incline
                              Lat pull downs/Hammer Strength Decline

Comment

Tore it up this morning....

alarm went off at 0445 and I was raring to go. Hamstrings, shoulders, calves, back (that I didn't get done yesterday). Deadlift/bent over barbell rows/lateral raises, prone leg curl/seated rows/calf raises, incline rear delt with dumb bells/narrow grip pullups/hang clean and press. I wish I could wake up like this everyday.

Rockin' the dadbod world! Wait, make that grand dad!

Comment

Working...
                                X