New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty much the same...

I used to like bench press, but elbow and shoulder issues make it difficult to reach my goal. I've pretty much hit a plateau with flat bench. I get a better range of motion and better pump with less aggravated joints with dumb bells anyway. But, I'm hard headed and will keep doing them any way.

Got a good one in today, but wanted more since I slept really well. Just ran out of time. Work gets in the way of my hobbies! Chest and biceps 5X5 supersets. Gonna have to increase the weight on some cuz I could get more than 5 reps.
    Incline bench/barbell curls, pec deck/preacher curls, wide grip seated press/hammer curls.

Tomorrow i back and triceps. I may go in earlier so I can finish what I didn't get done today. Rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      I used to like bench press, but elbow and shoulder issues make it difficult to reach my goal. I've pretty much hit a plateau with flat bench. I get a better range of motion and better pump with less aggravated joints with dumb bells anyway. But, I'm hard headed and will keep doing them any way.

Got a good one in today, but wanted more since I slept really well. Just ran out of time. Work gets in the way of my hobbies! Chest and biceps 5X5 supersets. Gonna have to increase the weight on some cuz I could get more than 5 reps.
      Incline bench/barbell curls, pec deck/preacher curls, wide grip seated press/hammer curls.

Tomorrow i back and triceps. I may go in earlier so I can finish what I didn't get done today. Rock on!

Have you tried using elbow sleeves? I use SBD elbow and knee sleeves and no issues with either anymore. I also do extra rotator cuff exercises.

Chest and back day. All super sets 1st week of 5x5

BB row/ BB bench
      Single arm cable row/Hammer Strength incline
      Lat pull downs/Hammer Strength decline

Finished off with some crunches and 10 min stroll on the treadmill.

Comment

I've considered it....

the issue has always been tennis elbow. I'll have to look into those again.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
          the issue has always been tennis elbow. I'll have to look into those again.
          I had the same issue. They are expensive but worth it. You could also try a compression band.

Comment

Cardio warmup and then chest only today.

Comment

Back and cardio

Comment

I made the decision a couple months ago to get off my *** and make a chnage. My brother and sister in law are huge crossfitters and have been trying to talk my into it for years. I decided to give it a chance and I am now hooked. Between working out 3-5 times a week and cleaning up my eating I've dropped about 35 pounds since May, and not to mention i feel better than I've felt since college.

Comment

Good for you Cameron52!

Comment

Way to Cameron! Keep it up.

Today was an off day so, I did a little walking on the treadmill to loosen up. Some rotator cuff exercises and stretching.

Comment

One of my favorite days...

Back and tri's today. Bent over barbell rows/skull crushers, wide grip pullups/tricep pushdown (pronated and supinated), narrow grip pullups/overhead cable extensions. Not a bad morning. Gotta get back on the abs though. I'm trying to cut a little as well. I'm reducing my carb intake, but not like the keto diet everyone else has been doing. I did the Southbeach diet once. Once.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Arms and abs yesterday, shoulders today.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Took care of business this am.

Dead lifts
                          Stiff leg dead lifts
                          Seated leg curl/close grip low pulls super set

Comment

Shoulders, calves and abs yesterday. Cardio and lots of yard work today

Comment

Finally got in a X stretch this morning. Like low fence, I'm probably gonna end up doing quite a bit of yard work, or wash my nasty truck. Either one will be a good workout.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Havnt been able to lift but I ran 5 miles yesterday and 4 today. Got to do what I can do I guess. I'm down 40 lbs since January.

Comment

Working...
                                X