No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg day. I hate leg day. Going to play golf now.

Comment

Worked the back today.

Anyone ever tried the athlean-x workout? Still got several more weeks on my modified plan, but already thinking about the next.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Muskles...

I haven't tried the athlean-X, yet. It keeps coming up on my FB feed so I'll have to research it a little more. I've been doing the 10X10 Human Fit Project I found on Men's Fitness that popped up on my FB feed as well. It's five workout sessions. I've done it every other day for a couple weeks and done a heavy 5X5 routine on the other days. I'm toast by the end of the week. but then again, I'm old too!

Today was 5X5 supersets. Chest and hammies. Bench press, deadlift/incline bench press, cable fly/prone leg curl, pushups.

Bi's and tri's tomorrow I'm thinking.

Comment

Did legs this morning. I'm hurting. I'm doing the Bigger, leaner, Stronger program. Has anyone else done it. I'm 7 weeks in and can tell huge differences.

Comment

Bis and Tris today.

I've only done the Beachbody workouts, successfully. I tried to make up my own workout plans, but I didn't stick with them like I do the Beachbody ones.

Comment

Bi's and tri's today as well....

And, true to form as as been previously discussed, I trashed them. Which means, now my elbow is sore. Good thing I've got the weekend to recover.
              Supersets 5X5. Long bar curls/tricep push down, hammer curls w/bar/tricep pulldown supinated grip, preacher curl/skull crushers, weighted dips/seated incline dumb bell curls.

The skullcrushers are what got my elbow this morning. Shoulda known better cuz I think thats what got me in the past.

You know you've done it right when you can't scrub your back in the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post

You know you've done it right when you can't scrub your back in the shower.
                Or wash your hair! Hope the elbow isn't serious. Mine was bothering me a bit Wednesday after bent over rows, I guess is what did it. All good now and I did bis and Tris yesterday without a problem.

Comment

I don't think its serious. I felt a twinge during skull crushers and it got a little more sore by the time I was done. A little naproxen and turmeric circumin and its better now. I'll go back to the 10X10 on Monday.

Comment

Shoulders Friday, kempo X yesterday, was gonna do X stretch today, but wimped out.

Comment

Been doing solid since my last post!

Legs was today and I can honestly say I did.... not..... slack...... next couple days will be awful.

New job has me 6-2pm all week so can't work out in the AM so will be doing early afternoon workouts which will be a change of pace.

Also discovered zucchini spaghetti and must say this crap isn't half bad....
                      Last edited by 150class; 04-09-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Been doing solid since my last post!

Legs was today and I can honestly say I did.... not..... slack...... next couple days will be awful.

New job has me 6-2pm all week so can't work out in the AM so will be doing early afternoon workouts which will be a change of pace.

Also discovered zucchini spaghetti and must say this crap isn't half bad....
                        My wife made zucchini spaghetti, and I like it more than regular spaghetti.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          My wife made zucchini spaghetti, and I like it more than regular spaghetti.

Honestly I could agree with this.

Especially with some meat balls.....

Good stuff

Comment

Dang 10X10!

Started over again on the 10X10 this AM. There are five workouts in the series and this one is the first. Probably been 4 weeks since I did it and it kicked my arse! Front squats, renegade rows, clean and press, pushups, pullups. Do 10 reps and move to the next exercise. The worst one is the renegade rows. Hate em, hate em, hate em.

Tomorrow may be chest and back on a timed routine. Got this one off Bodybuilding.com a couple years ago.

Weighted wide grip pull ups. Max reps in 5 minutes. 20 seconds between sets.
                            Bench press. Max reps in 4 minutes
                            V-bar pullups. 50 reps in 4 minutes
                            Incline dumbbell press. 50 reps in 4 minutes
                            Pushups. Max reps in 3 minutes.

That's if I can move tomorrow.

Comment

Chest today.

Comment

Got it done this AM..

the timed routine I posted yesterday. Added some chest flys and hanging leg raises to top it off. I need a nap.

Comment

Working...
                                X