Acl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acl

Well, I'm not a Dr but I'm pretty sure I just blew out my left knee. I played D1 football and managed to avoid any knee injuries but I saw many teammates injure knees and everyone said that you "just know". I was skiing in Vail today and the first run down a green was going fine and I just turned to stop and BAM. Haven't been too doctor yet but I feel like I know it's done. Anyone else blow a knee and just know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vowed to never ski or snowboard again because of that very reason. Hope yours is ok.

Comment

Yep I tore several ligaments playing golf when I was in high school. Sounded like a 22 going off. Knew it blew out as soon as I did it.

Comment

Hate to hear that. Look up how to perform a anterior drawer test and have someone do it for you. Super easy and will give you an idea if you tore the ACL or not. Did you hyper extend it when you stopped?

Comment

Yup...Gonna look like this after they are done.
          You have 3 choices. Synthetic, Cadaver donation or harvest your own ligament.
          I went with my OWN parts taken from a ligament in my thigh. Will never be 100%, but way better than it was torn. Dr's/techs have come a long way with minimally invasive surgery. So recovery times are much shorter.
          It bites...but you will be OK. Happy Healing.

Comment

Sorry or hear that injury. Change the story from green to black diamond mogul field.

Comment

Mine felt like the bottom of my leg was not connected. Did it as a fresh in high school. Found out in my 30s it was torn

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

Acl

Yup, I was stepping down off a ladder after filling up a deer feeder. I heard the sound and felt the pop (and saw my lower leg in a really odd position). It hurt for about a minute. I finished up and went home. MRI a week later and it was a severed acl and meniscus. It still doesn't hurt, but if I am playing ball or doing much active I have to wear a big ole carbon fiber brace (can't wear it hunting cause it smells like a dead mule).

If you don't need surgery don't do it. Look up the research on knee replacement after ACL surgery. Your gonna end up replacing your repaired knee anyway.

Comment

Tore mine playing soccer. Sounded like a gun shot. Had the patellar tendon graft done and it's back to 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                      Sorry or hear that injury. Change the story from green to black diamond mogul field.

10-4. Double black diamond!!

Comment

If it is the ACL, there is a lot of conclusive data that shows you don't have to get the reconstruction to have a normal life. There is some trend now to not doing the surgery, vigorous rehab in some populations. Depends on where your ortho stands on this issue. There are plenty of NBA and NFL athletes that play without ACL's

Comment

Hope you are wrong and you didn't tear it. Best of luck to you!!

Comment

Son had acl reconstruction surgery in June. He was playing soccer and knew something was wrong immediately. 7 months and he is playing again trying to get back to where he was. Good luck hope all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                              10-4. Double black diamond!!

Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                              X