No announcement yet.

Renfro Hunting Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after months of waiting, found out today there are no openings on this club for this year so the hunt is still on for a lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
      So after months of waiting, found out today there are no openings on this club for this year so the hunt is still on for a lease.
      That's not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe they've got their stuff together so it's turned around for the better. Good luck with your search.

Comment

new to TX and on a lease in Tyler county. Looking at Renfro for next year. I appreciate all the good insight about the club. I would love to hear a guess on the % of sits you see any kind of movement? From research I have read you see deer almost every sit and also read its very decimated.

I realize this is very situational but a estimated % would really help me understand. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by JJOutdoors View Post
          new to TX and on a lease in Tyler county. Looking at Renfro for next year. I appreciate all the good insight about the club. I would love to hear a guess on the % of sits you see any kind of movement? From research I have read you see deer almost every sit and also read its very decimated.

I realize this is very situational but a estimated % would really help me understand. Thank you!
          It varies from hunter to hunter, but I’d say 50% for me.. Some don’t seem to have that good of luck... It depends on location and if you are smart enough to hunt the wind. I promise you won’t see much if you don’t keep feed out regularly. Hogs are a huge problem too.

Lastly, don’t put all your eggs in one basket. There has been a waiting list to get on the last few years. I’ve been on 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JJOutdoors View Post

Depends when and where you hunt. And, how well you scout and learn your areas. I have locations where I see deer around 75% of the time. Two locatios about 50%. I see a lot more deer where I hand corn. Also, the hog population has exploded. If you join plan on putting your feeders inside pens. All of mine will be in feed pens next year. If you know someone on the place ask them for a tour and ask lots of questions. I have met and made lots of friends on the club. There are some good deer on the place if you get off the beaten path. Nothing comes easy on this lease. You have to put the work in. We are MLD lll. You get two bucks per membership, two locations, and this year we were given around 63 doe tags. The land owner demands all doe tags be filled. It’s not perfect. But, I have not been on a club or lease yet that is. We have a great group of people at our camp site. That means a lot to me.

Comment

Thank you Bayouboy and Stick-Launcher

Run into any problems with timber company wrecking stands, cameras, feeders, etc? I assume they do clearing on this property?

Comment

The timber company does have a few areas cleared each year. So far they seemed to have done a good job on not disturbing stands or eqpt..
                The clear cuts hold a lot of deer.
                There are at least three game wardens and 2-3 state troopers on the place. So, it gets watched closely. Plus, a lot of local retirees keep an eye out also.

Comment

Shortbow, Lip, myself and a couple others were on Renfro back in the mid-late 2000's. I had to get off when I lost my job. Enjoyed the lease, lots of Timber rattlers but they are pretty docile. I was out there when Shortbow got "a little stuck" ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
                    Shortbow, Lip, myself and a couple others were on Renfro back in the mid-late 2000's. I had to get off when I lost my job. Enjoyed the lease, lots of Timber rattlers but they are pretty docile. I was out there when Shortbow got "a little stuck" ;o)
                    No shortage of copperheads and cottonmouths either

Comment

Man a lot of people talking about snakes out there, must be really bad!

Comment

Working...
                      X