Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Beard guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like beard brand. haven't tried their balm but the tree ranger oil is good. I am currently using a product called woody's leave in conditioner and I am also trying their beard balm for the first time to use a balm and I use it occasionally. normally though I just put the conditioner in after the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ DUPLECHAIN View Post
      Texas Beard Co. Big Thicket Pull Oil.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      I'm gonna check this one out

Comment

No "pull" in there.

It's a pine/ cedar fragrance.

Comment

Crisco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            This is my current favorite

[ATTACH]828695[/ATTACH]
            X2 I use this and like it. Beard Balms work pretty well also scent free and many different type of scents as well. Texas beard company has a lot of stuff.

Comment

Tink's Boost 73 - Crisp Apple

I avoid the Fall Acorn and Sweet Corn. They're hard in my Skin.

Comment

Seriously, though, shop around and try a few things. The DIY sounds like a good route, but all of those oils (jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, argan oil, etc) can get really pricey. Especially when you consider that you're only buying them at 2-3 ounces per bottle.

Comment

Soap and water only for me.

Comment

Highly recommend Beard and Company

I am like you, getting unruly and whatnot. I found that lotion that my wife uses works for my beard and makes it really soft. I was using jojoba oil but it was not enough. I am careful about what I put in my beard and I only use carrier and essential oils. Gets rid of the itch.

Butter works great but I prefer a firmer balm which holds more than butter does.

https://beardandcompany.com/beard-products/

Comment

Originally posted by huntnelmo View Post
                      Any one make balms or oils that are not scented...something that can be used while hunting?
                      I have a non scented one. I will look at the brand when I get home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                        What's this talk of oils and lotions for beards [emoji15]. Wash and shampoo couple times a week and if wife is lucky I will condition it every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I used to be the same way. Would just let it grow and when tired of it shave it off. But if the woman wants me to rub a little oil in it in the morning so she can play with it and it be a little softer I am all for it. So I rub a few drops in every morning and it is definitely softer and she is definitely more into than before so it is a win all the way around.

Been using Horned Toad Beard Co oil based out of Lubbock either Texas Spice or Bourbon Pecan flavored.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Oils are great but they are more for the skin underneath your beard. They definitely help a little. Balm is more thick/aggressive and its kind of like gel for the beard so your hair stays where you want it. It'll also help a little to soften it for sure. Beard butter is what will work best. I use oil and beard butter.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but since its popped back up, I'll just add that I have been growing my beard for just over a year. The best way I have found to keep it "tamed" is brushing it while I am blow drying it. This keeps it from being as wild and gives it some shape, then income back with a balm or oil after its dried.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                              What's this talk of oils and lotions for beards [emoji15]. Wash and shampoo couple times a week and if wife is lucky I will condition it every now and then

Well I’ll be danged, it’s Yukon Cornelius.

Comment

Baddass beard care.. I use beard balm and oil.. Different scents and oils..

https://******beardcare.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X