Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Beard guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beard guys

Do yall use butter to calm it down and if does it make it soft or stiff ? Mine is getting to that point of trim or let it go. I used an oil last year but still a like unruly. Thoughts or suggestions ?

Homemade beard oil my wife makes.

Comment

This is my current favorite

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	24474250

Comment

I just use argon oil after a shower . My wife gets it from Sally's .

I generally use whatever hair conditioner she has in the shower as well

Comment

Problem is at this stage lots of curly hair that needs calming down, thats what made me think that's what butter or balm is for

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy View Post
            Problem is at this stage lots of curly hair that needs calming down, thats what made me think that's what butter or balm is for
            Every big beard goes through that stage. That's why few stick it out long term. Last time I grew mine for a year without any trimming or products but it definitely went through a face fro stage. I'm 3 months in growing it back and I may start using some beard oil or something this time. ...following

Comment

I use a balm and oil but prefer the balm during the day as it seems to tame it better. After a shower before bed I'll put oil in it. I can't remember the name of the product I use but I really think that they are all over priced and you can find the same product that's "not for beards" cheaper.

Comment

Yea I use oils balms shampoo and a conditioner. Look up grave before shave they make a good oil balm and beard wash my favorite is the cigar (smells like vanilla kinda) and bay rum.

I use rouzell leave in conditioner and there balm it has a bit more hold than most others without a really greasy look.

Also how do you dry it? I've found my beard doesn't get all frizzy if I dry it with a old cotton tshirt patting it dry.

Comment

I use three different Texas companies 1. Texas beard company. 2.bearded bas terd 3. Black label beard company I use beard oil 2 or 3 times a week to keep it soft and to keep from getting dandruff but I use balm when I'm going some where cause it has better hold be sure to get you a quality comb or boars hair brush
                  Last edited by Cjconner; 12-04-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Texas Beard Co here. I like their Big Thicket oil. It's pine and cedar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm here to learn, first time going "all in" on a beard. I'm about 4-5 weeks in and its looking good so far. the hair is so stiff its very irritating to the skin beneath it. this is usually where i've given up in the past. I'm using Honest Amish beard oil x2 day and their Balm x1 day (its like a leave in conditioner...right?). Also using Prof. Fuzzyworth beard soap every 2-3 days. The hair around the jaw is soft enough, the mustache area is very stiff. I have natually dry skin, so that doesn't help. Am i using these right?

Comment

This is what I use...I let my soul shine through.

Comment

These two products are by far the best I've used. Oil at night after shower and balm in the morning before work. Awesome stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just shampoo and condition, it gets unruly but as long as I keep combing it into the desired shape it hold's the shape pretty well. I used to use texas beard co pine oil but my fiancé didn't like the smell.

Comment

I've never heard of any of that stuff. I guess I just use water and soap. That's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X