Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richland Creek WMA (North Side - Duck Hunt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been out there many times and it is pretty good hunting even though It can be crowded but I haven't ever seen people get scrappy with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
      If you do try it, 2am is about right and you can't enter the gate til 4 and it's a horse race from there.
      Can anyone else verify 4am?, the book says gates open @ 5am.

Comment

Haven't been in a couple of years but I went Wednesday after my brother scouted it Tuesday. The gates open at 5 now. There was a lot of ducks but the crowd was unreal. I will not be back!

Comment

Dang near got in a fist fight there one morning when someone pulled up next to me and wanted to foot race to set up decoys. Then when I beat him they wanted to set up 80 yards away shooting toward my group. We killed 3 limits but it still wasn't worth it. That was 2 years ago and I haven't been back.

Comment

Can't enter gates until 5am. If you aren't already in line for a Saturday morning hunt, you are late! I'm too old to hunt weekends out there. Not into sleeping over night in the truck to foot race for a good spot. Coach

Comment

Little birds, no water, lots of fist fights and getting peppered on purpose. Not worth your life going out there.

Comment

Ducks errywhere

Comment

Originally posted by coachmas View Post
                  Can't enter gates until 5am. If you aren't already in line for a Saturday morning hunt, you are late!
                  Serial?

Comment

Serious as can be. Got there on Monday morning with a couple younger guys that talked me into going since it was a weeke day hunt. Got there at 3:30am and was #12 vehicle in line!!! Coach

Comment

Busted.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        I was the car behind those guys.

The game warden will set up at the gate and ck everyone that comes out. GW had me held up for like 20 minutes, he asked me if I minded waiting while he did some checking on something, which I didn't mind.

Come to find out he was researching the law and writing their tickets while I was holding up the line. There were probably 30 cars that piled up in the meatime waiting to leave behind me.

Comment

Doesn't even sound like fun due to the army of people there. Drove by one day and I swear 40 cars were driving around at 11 am in there

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                            I was the car behind those guys.

The game warden will set up at the gate and ck everyone that comes out. GW had me held up for like 20 minutes, he asked me if I minded waiting while he did some checking on something, which I didn't mind.

Come to find out he was researching the law and writing their tickets while I was holding up the line. There were probably 30 cars that piled up in the meatime waiting to leave behind me.
                            I do wonder how that law works since it technically wasn't youth duck season across the state. I guess since its state WMA land they can make their own rules, it was a youth hunts out there today and again this weekend.
                            Last edited by bossbowman; 12-27-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Not near mad enough at ducks to hunt public land anymore

Good job by the wardens

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                I do wonder how that law works since it technically wasn't youth duck season across the state. I guess since its state WMA land they can make their own rules, it was a youth hunts out there today and again this weekend.
                                It would be a rules violation. Same as hunting out there on a non-hunting day. Even though season is open, state controls the WMA and sets rules. I like the youth days and youth/adult days since I have two boys getting into duck hunting. Coach

Comment

Working...
                                X