camo blaze orange clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
    I have emailed the tpwd to see what they have to say. I have a feeling they'll say it's up to the WMA and whatever the NF guidelines are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    heard anything????

I'd love to wear blaze camo jnstead of solid.

Comment

I have hunted the SHNF since 90' and I use a blaze orange 3/4 vest with a blaze camo cap. I have been check by state Game Warden's and Federal Game Warden's many times with my Blaze orange on. I've had no problems, I do not take it off when I'm hunting, the animals can not see it and the other hunters can!

Comment

That's great, but I'd run into that one GW that dug deep thru the book and took it to heart.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
          heard anything????

I'd love to wear blaze camo jnstead of solid.

No, but I suspect I won't hear till Monday. I'm following up on Monday if I don't hear anything by lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is just for Atascosa. Looks like at least one WMA manager isn't afraid of common sense. Probably all he's worried about is some duck hunters; no rifles, muzzle loaders, and/or slug guns.

I really don't care whether you "buy" it or not.

The usda makes this "rule" very difficult to find. I think a court of law would probably dismiss the citation should one be written, since it is so vague. However, I am not a lawyer and I didn't even stay in Holiday Inn last night.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...prd3794003.pdf

USFS Frequently asked questions. a 6 page pdf.

Top right of 4th page.

Do what you want.
            Thanks for the info. Reading others they keep referencing it's allowed to carry concealed pistols, but what about open carry now that it's legal? When in the woods I prefer to open carry for various reasons.

They also talk about a loaded firearm being one that has a round in the chamber and/or magazine. So I guess I have to unload my detachable magazine every time I come out the woods? Dumb rule if that is the case. Meanwhile I can keep a muzzle loader with one rammed home that I could just as quickly slip a cap on to fire just as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
              Thanks for the info. Reading others they keep referencing it's allowed to carry concealed pistols, but what about open carry now that it's legal? When in the woods I prefer to open carry for various reasons.

They also talk about a loaded firearm being one that has a round in the chamber and/or magazine. So I guess I have to unload my detachable magazine every time I come out the woods? Dumb rule if that is the case. Meanwhile I can keep a muzzle loader with one rammed home that I could just as quickly slip a cap on to fire just as fast.
              During firearms season you can carry pistols openly. In fact, unless you have LTC/CCw it is illegal to carry concealed. archery season is concealed carry only, I think.

While I feel your pain, it is very easy to detach a magazine. To fully unload a muzzle loader is a bit more taxing. Would you want to discharge your firearm after every unsuccessful hunt, at night. One time common sense gun law may have come to fruition.

Comment

While I feel your pain, it is very easy to detach a magazine. To fully unload a muzzle loader is a bit more taxing. Would you want to discharge your firearm after every unsuccessful hunt, at night. One time common sense gun law may have come to fruition.
                Detaching the mag is easy, but having to unload the mag each hunt is annoying if I'm reading it right.

Totally agree you shouldn't have to unload a muzzleloader. I don't have to fire mine to unload, but annoying and often very hard to pull a ball from it.

I don't see how they can force concealed carry during archery when open carry is legal with a permit. I mean honestly what's the difference?

Comment

So, not hearing back from TPWD via email, i called tpwd today to get an answer regarding the use of blaze orange camo that meets the 144sq in requirement. I got passed along to two other people and then the game warden was asked and I was told, we'll have to get back with you. So, at this time, I re-submitted the question via the website with the proper subject (the lady on the phone told me which emails subjects she gets), and I'm awaiting a call back from tpwd after they find out...

the camo saga continues....

Comment

So,
                    Just got a call from Suzette at TPWD (not a game warden, but works with them) and she stated that her game warden informed her that as long as there is 144sq in of blaze orange on vest/shirt/etc... it's legal. So get your ruler out and measure your areas on your blaze camo and make sure it meets 144 sq in and apparently you are good to go

Comment

For what it's worth, I have hunted several TPWD hunts wearing this vest. Most recent as Garner a few weeks ago. GW never said a word about it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                        For what it's worth, I have hunted several TPWD hunts wearing this vest. Most recent as Garner a few weeks ago. GW never said a word about it.
                        http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game...dCatid=3665501
                        I wore the same vest at Las Palomas Arroyo Colorado unit the week after Christmas along with an orange Astros hat with no issue. Bought it at Academy.
                        Last edited by kdkane1971; 01-25-2017, 04:25 PM. Reason: add'l info

Comment

I think the burden of proof that the vest has the correct number of square inches of orange is on the hunter, not the Game Warden. The Game Warden might issue a citation and it would be up to the hunter to prove to the judge the sq in of orange. I think it's 400 sq in total with 144 sq on both front and back on public land. Better brush up on your rithmatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                            I think the burden of proof that the vest has the correct number of square inches of orange is on the hunter, not the Game Warden. The Game Warden might issue a citation and it would be up to the hunter to prove to the judge the sq in of orange. I think it's 400 sq in total with 144 sq on both front and back on public land. Better brush up on your rithmatic.
                            The fact that it took TPWD HQ time to find out the answer or discuss the answer definitely tells me that it's not a common question and that it seems to be up to the game warden's discretion. So, be courteous and go with the flow when meeting game wardens. I think most GWs will be fine with blaze orange in any form, as long as it appears to meet the requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                              I thought the burden of proof was on the prosecution that one is guilty, not on the defendant that he is innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
                                I thought the burden of proof was on the prosecution that one is guilty, not on the defendant that he is innocent.
                                would you want someone that wrote you a citation try to prove you're innocent.

Glad you got an answer. There are still Federal Wardens to worry about on Public land. Never run across one, but hear they don't have a sense of humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X