Hagerman Segment C 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IkemanTX
    Speaking about those feeders and such, I was super excited to hunt the corps property north of Goode and Godwin, until I saw all the permanent setups, trashcan feeders, 5 hour energy and beer cans. I can still typically get into pigs on those places, but there is a heck of a lot more human sign on those pieces than deer sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ain't that the truth.
    I hunt around brushy too. Early season was ok. Then tons of hunters showed up right before rut and deer vanished.
    I see so much trash. The shooting is what gets me.

Comment

Down to the wire fella's, rooting for you and definitely admire you guys for sticking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
        I never hear much about Godwin....anyone hunting there?
        I am/was in Godwin all weekend. Only 7 guys total hunting all weekend, only 3 today including me. I'll do a write up if I'm not dead by the time I get home.

Comment

Sorry meant Godwin by brushy

Comment

Originally posted by BowhuntBOB89 View Post
            Yea it's went way down hill.. we call it brushy creek bunch of idiots out there now.. use to love it got a buddy named Nathan that's goes out there and he's across the creek from me.. we go out there mostly for hogs now.. but he did shot a 160 9 pt there last year in the snow
            Nathan Phillips?

Comment

Getting close boys

Comment

Well I'm out. Can't see my pins anymore and the group of hogs I found never gave me a shot opportunity.

It's been a hellacious weekend and didn't get to fling an arrow but overall, my first time to hunt the H was awesome. Time to book it back to the truck, get home, meal prep and back in the gym in the AM.

Thankful for the opportunity and looking forward to putting more time in for future draws

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  I am/was in Godwin all weekend. Only 7 guys total hunting all weekend, only 3 today including me. I'll do a write up if I'm not dead by the time I get home.
                  Looking forward to your write up!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've been sick and couldn't sleep since I shot it on Friday before the rain and lost the blood trail. Big relief today!

Comment

Awesome deer congrats sir!

Comment

Congrats Colwell he a nice buck

Comment

Awesomeness can't wait to hear the full story so please share!

Comment

Congrats Colwell that's a great buck, glad you found him!

Comment

Heck of a deer. Congrats!

Comment

Glad you were able to finally recover him! Congrats again

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X