Idiot hunter conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
    I had a boss that finished off one with a Mesquite limb. The next year of the whole company got together and for Christmas he got a mesguite limb with a four power scope..
    Lol.. that's hilarious!

Comment

My dad choked one out with his jacket one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjeb07 View Post
        My first thought would be to ask this guy what type of ammo he is using. I you have made a good shot and the animal is given time to expire and still kicking around you may need to look into your ammo. I have seen a lot of deer shot with Core-Lok and someone have to shoot in one or two more times just to kill it.
        Rifle - Crossman
        Pistol - Daisy

Comment

Reminds me of a buddy a few years back downed a nice buck. He had some electrical tape in his ditty bag and filled his tag out taping it to the horns. He was digging in his ditty bag for his knife when the buck jumped up and took off jumping a fence and running across the neighbor's pasture. He hears a shot and heads that way to find another hunter standing over his dead deer. He tells the guy that it was his deer and the guy says I don't think so I just shot him. Buddy points out his tag the horns and the guy says if you can run that fast you can have the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
            My buddy tied a knife on the end of one and finished off a doe, his son had shot
            Take away his man card or a least give him a citation.

I've had to slit a few throats and would never use a stick to get it done.

Comment

I'd still be looking for it if it was as nice as he described it, or finding a buddy with a dog.

Comment

Yeah, like Tim said, offer to go help him look for the deer. Ten minutes woulda prolly turned the buck up if his story was true.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  My first thought would have been. Where is the closest bathroom after I leave here? Second thought.....Is there toilet paper in the truck or should I ask for extra napkins?
                  This.

Comment

I've learned to take people's stories at fast food joints with a grain of salt.... Seems like I always get that guy that asks me how the hunt went and continues to tell me a crazy story. My conclusion so far, is that most people are full of crap!

Comment

probably shot it on his fence line........

Comment

Another harsh fire here today. Getting mostly common.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                          Sorry guys...knee jerk reaction. My first thought was "is this wanton waste of game?", then I was thinking a game warden would probably know of locals with tracking dogs to help, as well as the landowners in the surrounding area that could keep a look out for this deer that really needs to be put down - assuming the story the original shooter relates is true. I have huge respect for game wardens, and either way, I figured a game warden could handle this situation.

Regards,

Dave
                          From your lack of knowledge and based on your judgment of others....I really don't think you should be hunting either. We really need to take your guns/bows away! It's so scary you are out hunting.

See how that works?

Comment

You started out with MacDonald's and San Augustine in the same sentence. You could see it coming.

Comment

Maybe he decided to back out for a few hours then go back to look for it. Went to town to get a bite and kill some time. Nah- that would make too much sense. Carry on with the pile on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Russ, your threads sure back up the East Texas theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X