• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup

Comment

yep

Comment

Originally posted by mikebarbee View Post
        Wow I can't believe my eyes, not one negative comment about these knifes. I was starting to think there was a pessimist in every thread. I have never used one but with everyone singing their praise I think I might go online and order one right now!
        They're absolute garbage. My wife bought me a set for christmas last year, and the next thing I knew, my dog had died, raccoons had infested my attic, some kids toilet papered my yard, and my computer got a bad virus.....had to be the knives.

actually, one of the companies that is part of the corp I work for sells a very limited number of the KOA, with a layer of ploycrystalline diamond in the blade edge. I've been trying to convince my boss we need a few for an engineering feasibility study.... but at around $400 per knife, it's a no go so far. I still like them though... I have one of the little cub bear knives, and it's a good little skinning knife.

Comment

A few seasons back I cleaned 20+ deer and skinned and quartered all but a couple of those. Never once did I have to sharpen my set...actually I still have never sharpened them. Keep them clean, I spray mine with pam after I get them clean and DRY. I am about to pick up another with a gift card.

Comment

I have 7 of them and don't have a bad word to say about them. Best knifes I own.

Comment

Ive got randles,parkers sog,benchmade,and the knife i will always depend on are knives of alaska!......my dad has one thats been through hundreds of animals..oh and its 22 yrs old,still in great condition.

Comment

I have a set (cub & muskrat) for caping and I like them. Not my favorite knives, but definately a good solid knife.

Comment

i've had several and loved all of them. I broke most of them ( i use a knife alot). Right now so hung up on my outdoor edge swingblade. Love it holds agreat egde for a long time and sharpens right back up shaving sharp w/ a couple slaps on the honing rod

Comment

Originally posted by mikebarbee View Post
                    Wow I can't believe my eyes, not one negative comment about these knifes. I was starting to think there was a pessimist in every thread. I have never used one but with everyone singing their praise I think I might go online and order one right now!
                    Thanks Tejas Wildlife I thought that was him. The knives are great but I've been Leary of getting one because of what he did while Director of TPWD. He went across state lines (Illegally) and caught pronghorns in New Mexico and then put them on a ranch that couldn't support pronghorns in the first place. Pretty much started the whole TPWD bashing we all know and love today with that little escapade.

Comment

from what i have heard yes they are very nice

Comment

they are superb and worth every penny....they hold an edge like no other.

Comment

Yes....I retired my other 20 or so knifes after I got mine...that little caper is awsome!

Comment

they're great knives.

Comment

great knifes--

Comment

Awesome knives. Do yourself a favor and get a Warthog Sharpener when you get you KoA's. This knife sharpener is fantastic and puts and edge on these blades in no time.

Comment

Working...
                                X