No announcement yet.

*New Texas Record!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad that Texas big game awards made the changes to it awards program...... The TBGA wouldn't have survived if they didn't.

I love big deer, but I'm getting tired of all these pen deer being considered native deer.....if your ranch is producing deer over 220" every single year, you don't have a native, natural deer herd

Comment

Unbelievable! Congrats to both the hunter and ranch!

Comment

*New Texas Record!*

Hey look. A low fence vs. high fence vs. introduced genetics but now they're native vs. breeder pen kick and shoot with tags in the ear vs legal DMP and now it's all (allegedly) natural vs. Unlicensed DMP and deny any manipulation of deer herd vs. pay a ranch hand to feed roads every single day to condition the deer vs. east Texas I hope I see a deer - ethics debate.

I wonder how this one will turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by kyle1974; 10-10-2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
          Hey look. A low fence vs. high fence vs. introduced genetics but now they're native vs. breeder pen kick and shoot with tags in the ear vs legal DMP and now it's all (allegedly) natural vs. Unlicensed DMP and deny any manipulation of deer herd vs. pay a ranch hand to feed roads every single day to condition the deer vs. east Texas I hope I see a deer - ethics debate.

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
            Huh?
            just people who always seem to post on these threads and establish proper ethical boundaries for all.

Comment

just people who always seem to post on these threads and establish proper ethical boundaries for all.
              I don't really care about the ethics really, and certainly wouldn't tell another man how to hunt or whether he should enjoy it or not. I just think it's funny when guys brag about their store bought deer is all.

Comment

Awesome!![emoji2]

Comment

Great. I love hunting season.

Comment

Is there a deer under that Pecan tree?

Comment

think it's funny when guys brag about their store bought deer is all

Same here!

Comment

I guess different strokes for different folks but why

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Depends on how much I'd had to drink. Too much and I would talk so much smack to the anti high fence guys I'd probably get my arse whooped.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                          Alright, this made me laugh

Comment

*New Texas Record!*

How did I miss this thread last year?

Everything I want to say has already been said!

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                              [emoji23] Lol exactly how that probably went down..

I know I know "different strokes for different folks" "personal preference" all that yada yada yada, but this is everything that's wrong with deer hunting in Texas IMO. At what point is enough enough?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                              I have absolutely nothing against HF, I have family who run a HF ranch that is flat out impressive. I've guided on HF ranches that are nasty, gnarly thickets of oak and yaupon, and the deer are just as skittish as any deer on LF I've ever hunted

That being said...I'm more impressed by your DCNF buck last year than any of the hundreds of deer I've helped clean where I've guided. That was a beauty, Ambush!

Comment

Working...
                              X