*New Texas Record!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truckville View Post
    Now y'all know if this buck accidentally walked under your stand LF, you would try to kill him. Funny how a fence inspires such hatred. Heck of an animal regardless.

Look for a few new LF records and studs getting shot this season with zero game camera history following the epic Harvey flood.

Better get on them this year, they'll shrink a bit next year.

Comment

Now y'all know if this buck accidentally walked under your stand LF, you would try to kill him. Funny how a fence inspires such hatred. Heck of an animal regardless.

Look for a few new LF records and studs getting shot this season with zero game camera history following the epic Harvey flood.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's not about the fence. I don't understand why that is so hard to comprehend. I will hunt a high fence in a heartbeat. But these type of operations are not your run of the mill high fence ranches. They turn deer out a couple weeks before season opens. Deer that were raised in pens. There is no management. Only money, feed and medication. 600"+ whitetail, come on man. That's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          You probably would regardless

Hey you must have met me. Or maybe kick my butt somewhere.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            It's not about the fence. I don't understand why that is so hard to comprehend. I will hunt a high fence in a heartbeat. But these type of operations are not your run of the mill high fence ranches. They turn deer out a couple weeks before season opens. Deer that were raised in pens. There is no management. Only money, feed and medication. 600"+ whitetail, come on man. That's a joke.
            Yep when is it to much?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Hey you must have met me. Or maybe kick my butt somewhere.

No I’m just messing with you

Comment

Originally posted by drt View Post
                depends on how much i'd had to drink. Too much and i would talk so much smack to the anti high fence guys i'd probably get my arse whooped.

Sent from my sm-j710mn using tapatalk
                lmao!!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  No I’m just messing with you

[emoji2][emoji28]

Comment

there are a lot of comments on "what the nation thinks about Texas hunting" which I find amusing to say the least. I hunt mainly out West and North for NA game and the OVERWHELMING perception of Texas hunters is that they all sit in a blind or tree stand and stare at corn feeders....the height of the fence comes up but even the LF guys are in the boat of the "less that sportsmanlike" There are HF operations everywhere and that is just the way it is.

if it is legal each can choose his own...and I am truly saddened that TBH does not have a HF safe space where the righteous can lurk......I am not a HF guy....if you are that is your choice and enjoy it to the fullest.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Why not just be honest about what you shoot. Just once I'd like to see someone that shot a breeder deer admit up front what it is. Why try to hide it? Too embarrassed to admit the truth? Just come out an say he was raised in a pen then turned loose. I paid my money and shot him. Simple as that.

And what the hell is a pasture born deer? How big does the pasture have to be. Is 20 acres a pasture or a pen? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Probably because they are under no obligation to satisfy what someone else considers a deer or hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                            I'm really enjoying the comments on this one. Below are some thoughts for the different camps...

Non-HF Hunters - is high fence hunting hurting you in any way? Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in the hunting community. Is it possible to just say "great deer!"?

HF Hunters - it's ok that some free range hunters have a fundamental problem with HF hunting. And no, many LF hunters would not "pull the trigger if they had the money". And yes, plenty of them have the money.

Just a thought!
                            Answer to the question is yes, potentially. Look at scenarios like what truckville is mentioning below. We do not need these farm raised freak shows breeding with our real deer that need to evade predators and live in the wild. High fence native deer operations are a far cry from these freak-show types.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                              Answer to the question is yes, potentially. Look at scenarios like what truckville is mentioning below. We do not need these farm raised freak shows breeding with our real deer that need to evade predators and live in the wild. High fence native deer operations are a far cry from these freak-show types.
                              So it's potentially problematic only when, a once in a generation, natural disaster falls upon us?

Here's my point...let people enjoy what they want to enjoy on their own/private property. I have never been hunting on a HF property and I never will (personal choice). However, I have zero issue with those who want to pay by the inch. As my HS teacher told me, there's an a** for every seat!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                                So it's potentially problematic only when, a once in a generation, natural disaster falls upon us?

Here's my point...let people enjoy what they want to enjoy on their own/private property. I have never been hunting on a HF property and I never will (personal choice). However, I have zero issue with those who want to pay by the inch. As my HS teacher told me, there's an a** for every seat!
                                Or when a tree falls on it, or a car crashes through it, or a poacher cuts a hole in it, or it ages and fails....etc.

Most folks can agree with the sentiment in the last statement. Myself included.
                                Last edited by BuckSmasher; 10-05-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X