This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
    I guess none of us have been 22 years of age and did dumb things. He did and got caught. Be careful because one of your players may be next. Carry on.
    Oh, I've done them. Ain't never been afraid to admit my mistakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      I guess none of us have been 22 years of age and did dumb things. He did and got caught. Be careful because one of your players may be next. Carry on.
      I think everyone's good with it for the most part.

Comment

Yep, he is an adult and made a mistake. He will be punished financially by the state, it will be on his record most likely, and he will be disciplined by his coach. Hopefully he learned a lesson on this one. Overall, sounds like a good kid who made a mistake.

Comment

The money is rolling in on OU

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            The money is rolling in on OU

If TCU beats OU I imagine Stoops seat will be scalding hot going into the Texas game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
              Is it just me or do the Ag receivers seem to have more dropped passes than a lot of other teams? Seems like yeah knights passing can improve but the receivers need to be catching more of the ones that are thrown well too.

From the parts I saw on Saturday it seemed like Christian Kirk had a few slip out

Comment

So worst scenario Saturday for UT: let's say the defense does not look improved and Texas loses the game.

Do we see coaching changes/firings then?

Comment

Originally posted by txgb View Post
                  So worst scenario Saturday for UT: let's say the defense does not look improved and Texas loses the game.

No!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    I think he took into account that he's a good kid that hasn't got in trouble that made a mistake. Perk will get the message with everything he has to do so I don't think an additional game would do anything in that regards.

Strong is known for his discipline but he's also known for second and third chances and helping his players too.
                    No doubt he's probably a good kid, but the main thing chuck took into account was that 2nd game was against OU.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                      No doubt he's probably a good kid, but the main thing chuck took into account was that 2nd game was against OU.
                      1 game suspension seems to be typical for the charge.

Comment

To each his own, I don't think it played into the decision and that seems fairly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by txgb View Post

I think it all depends on how the game looks. If they look really bad, the pressure will be turned way up. This game has a must win (at least look good) feel to it for me. That shouldn't be the case in year 3, 4th game of the year for a coach so its something to keep an eye on.

I think Strong is safe at Texas this year assuming he won 6 or more (with no bad showings) except if A&M or LSU had the opportunity to grab Herman. I felt this may force Texas hand to make a change out of fear of one of those other teams grabbing Herman.

Texas now may have some big money donors that get antsy with the LSU job open to get into the Herman sweepstakes. This is the wild card in the whole situation and it has been played.

Comment

Proof?

Like others have said, 1 game is the norm in college football. If the game was Kansas, he wouldn't have been suspended for two games IMO.

Strong knows the kid and if he felt more games would be necessary to teach the lesson he would have given him more games. The kid made a mistake and he is being punished, I am not sure why one more game would help the kid learn from his mistake anymore than his current punishment.

Comment

So Malik took in the ATM v Arky game on his week off? I wonder what he thinks of Chavis' defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                So Malik took in the ATM v Arky game on his week off? I wonder what he thinks of Chavis' defense?

Apparently he didn't think enough of Chavis at LSU to want to play for Sumlin even after A&M hired him.

Comment

Working...
                                X