Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

build a home for less than $100 sq ft ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost continues to climb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      did you do all the work yourself?
      I subbed out framing, roof, stone, sprayfoam insulation, a/c, and drywall. if I had do do it over.....id of bought a house instead of build,lmao

Comment

I did have to choose wisely on a few things, I couldn't afford tile, so we stained the concrete(its awesome). also couldn't afford granite countertops, went with butcherblock, bought all my cabinets from rtacabinetstore.com, the carpenter wanted 25,000 for the kitchen and bathrooms!

Comment

Originally posted by tremman78 View Post
          I subbed out framing, roof, stone, sprayfoam insulation, a/c, and drywall. if I had do do it over.....id of bought a house instead of build,lmao
          lol... I know the feeling. I did a gut on my current home. Dad and I did basically all the work but the drywall tape/bed. It took us 1.5 years to redo electrical, plumbing, etc. I learned the hard way I wouldnt do it again. If Im fortunate enough to build in the next year or so, I will sub out just about everything.

Comment

Very nice place tremman

Comment

It can be done, but I wouldn't expect much.

Comment

Remember, you get what you pay for. And the bid price vs the actual price isn't much. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Cabela and I both run into cases where we aren't the low bid, but, we build on 16" centers, use premier materials, better skilled trades, and give generous allowances. Many of these things can be eliminated to get a lower price, but the quality will suffer. A good trade isn't cheap. He doesn't need to be cheap. Cheap and good don't go together.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Good luck getting a bank to loan you the $$ to build it yourself. There will have to be a licensed builder of record.
                  Some banks will do it if you have enough equity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Cost continues to climb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yep.

Comment

Working...
                    X