Poacher Story's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
    Keep up the stories boys. Maybe deputy dog took a day off.
    u ever had deer poached from your place? maybe let a nice buck walk one year to see what it will be the next year only to find out its been poached?

maybe planted a food plot and fed all year and found out somebody been walking your place screwing up your deers patterns?

i can understand how these things infuriate people. and, i understand why the stories dont sit well with some people on here. i dont care how young and innocent you were. those arent excuses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
      u ever had deer poached from your place? maybe let a nice buck walk one year to see what it will be the next year only to find out its been poached?

maybe planted a food plot and fed all year and found out somebody been walking your place screwing up your deers patterns?

i can understand how these things infuriate people. and, i understand why the stories dont sit well with some people on here. i dont care how young and innocent you were. those arent excuses.

I guess I'm not a Lone Ranger after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
        I guess I'm not a Lone Ranger after all.

No your not alone.
        I did some stupid things in my youth, but I can't recall ever poaching on someone's property.

Comment

Lol y'all still crying about what preteen kids did 20-30yrs ago. Nobody was claiming to be teens or grown and poaching deer.

I take my deer hunting serious but if some kid had his pellet gun out shooting birds on my place I wouldnt get all super hardass on the kid like it was the end of the world.
          Last edited by bphillips; 09-27-2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
            I am a little interested in seeing that thread!
            Same here.. Out with it already..

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Lol y'all still crying about what preteen kids did 20-30yrs ago. Nobody was claiming to be teens or grown and poaching deer.

I take my deer hunting serious but if some kid had his pellet gun out shooting birds on my place I wouldnt get all super hardass on the kid like it was the end of the world.
              Nope just make his little arse fill the feeders trim the roads back and he can keep on shooting birds and rabbits.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Nope just make his little arse fill the feeders trim the roads back and he can keep on shooting birds and rabbits.
                  I'm not sure where the disconnect happens for some people allowing someone to lump kids with bb guns shooting squirrels and rabbits in with adults poaching deer!

Maybe they grew up in the city and their only exposure to hunting was going to a deer lease where there was an adult supervising the entire thing? Maybe their neighbor's hated kids? I just don't know. I do know that 99% of our neighbors didn't care one bit that we were on their property with our bb/pellet guns! I know this because anytime we ran into them, most would say be careful and have fun! The few that didn't, we respected their wishes and avoided their place from then on! And by neighbor's, I mean anyone within a 3+ mile radius!!

next time I see the neighbor kids catching frogs, perch, etc out of the ditch that runs through the back of my property, cutting down saplings and building a tree house in the woods behind my house or riding their bikes through my yard to get there, I guess I should call the sheriff and game warden and have them arrested for trespassing, destruction of property, no hunting license, and whatever else they can come up with!!!! I mean, they are trespassing and that's illegal as is catching (poaching) frogs without a hunting license. Can't get them on fishing licenses, they aren't old enough to get one!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

i guess i was just raised differently than y'all. i didnt grow up in the city. actually quite the opposite. but i was taught from a young age that you dont go on somebody elses property without permission. i was young and dumb with a bb gun once, but i still knew not to hop fences.

and you can bet your arse that if my father caught me on somebody elses place my rear end would be red and i wouldnt be seeing my bb gun for a long time!

Comment

Poacher Story's

From the ages of 12 to 17 there was nothing safe from me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                          i guess i was just raised differently than y'all. i didnt grow up in the city. actually quite the opposite. but i was taught from a young age that you dont go on somebody elses property without permission. i was young and dumb with a bb gun once, but i still knew not to hop fences.

and you can bet your arse that if my father caught me on somebody elses place my rear end would be red and i wouldnt be seeing my bb gun for a long time!

You see, that's the thing, there were no fences, property lines marked, etc. once you entered the woods (which my buddies parents owned 10 acres worth), you didn't know where their property ended and someone else's began. those set of woods encompassed about 3 or 4 thousand acres. This was near my grandparents house in the country. We spent most of our childhood roaming that stretch and another stretch that was probably close to 20k acres again with no fences or property lines near my mom's house (didn't have to worry about my dad, I didn't meet him till I was 23). No one cared we were out there, just like I don't care if the neighborhood kids roam my property now.

A different area and/or a different time I guess.

Last edited by fishingsetx; 09-28-2016, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Funny thing was, we still followed all game laws, bag limits, etc and always had our hunting license we bought with money from mowing yards or other odd jobs even though, there was almost a zero chance of ever being stopped by a GW. Wouldn't have even thought about breaking any of those laws. The trespassing thing never even crossed our minds in the areas we wandered most of the time. If it was posted property or we were told it was off limits, we just didn't go there. If it was a pond or a property where we could clearly see who owned it, we always asked for permission first.

Comment

About 30 years ago 2 GW friends of mine were doing license checks at a road intersection. They stop a truck pulling a camper. One checks the driver the other walks back, looks in the camper window and sees a guy stuffing ducks in a sleeping bag as fast as he can. Way over the limit. Problem was the guy in the camper was a little short guy and had to stand a dead deer to fill the sleeping bag. Deer season wasn't open yet. They lost the truck, the camper, guns and fined.

Comment

I had a poaching incident on my property a couple of years ago. Word got out that the local hog doggers were planning a hunt for the following morning. I figured since my place has ideal hog habitat that they would be hunting it. There are four creeks that converge on my place and that's where the hogs usually lay up.

I got up early and parked my truck where I could see a good sized area. It wasn't long after daylight when deer started running full blast across the opening. Then the sounds of barking dogs started. It wasn't long before I saw two people walking along the creek. Shortly behind them came six or seven more. I waited until they got further into my property then cranked up and headed after them. After a "gentle" scolding and telling them that I was calling the game warden they turned around and left. I let it slide as one of them was a neighbor kid.

Turns out one of them was a TBH member as I recognized him from his avatar picture. I had a live thread going but it got axed. And now you know the rest of the story.

Comment

Working...
                                X