Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Truck I have is paid for..

Comment

Figure out a way to get paid per TBH post.....you'll be a Gazillionaire.

Comment

Buddy of mine went to work part time at O'Reilly auto parts for extra money when he bought a house. They are flexible on hours.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          One time this summer a guy stopped by and asked if I'd like my address repainted on the curb for $10. I said sure, since it was faded and people always had a hard time finding my house. $10 turned into $15 when he asked if I'd like it painted on the edge of the driveway as well, and then $15 turned to $20 when my wife asked if he could do Texas A&M colors.

Before long, just about every neighbor on the block had hired him to do the same. He had normal number stencils, but then also sports teams and other stuff. I figure he made pretty dang good money for work that didn't require much sweat.
          This is an excellent idea. At our old home in Mission, there was a guy who came around every 2-4 years and painted ours with the block ATM and our address number. He charged $20 regardless of what you had painted. I always thought that was an easy $20, and as you said, all the neighbors wanted to "keep up with the Aggies" so our block became a lucrative spot for this guy. I'm sure he had other neighborhoods all over the valley where he did the same thing. Invest in some good heavy duty card stock for your stencils. Buy decent spray paint, some masking tape, and you're in business. Heck, we're in Irving now. We'd let you do ours.

Comment

I see more and people with a company that does personalized grocery shopping. I will post the name of the company when I find it. I talk to people I see doing it because I have a background in grocery and am in retail/commercial real estate. I have seen college students, kids in their 20's, retirees etc. doing this. You do as much or as little as you want and when it is available.
            I have never checked on the website to see how they are paid.

https://www.shipt.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstang View Post
              Buddy of mine went to work part time at O'Reilly auto parts for extra money when he bought a house. They are flexible on hours.
              This... my friends retired father has done this and he runs parts for them in a truck they provide. They use guys like him who need flexible hours.

Also, a lot of retirement centers use folks who need extra money to drive their vans. Most have vans that do not require a CDL license.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                don’t buy your wife a new rack, that’ll save money
                Stupidest advice ever.
                ALWAYS buy wife new rack.

Comment

I used to shoot professional fireworks displays on the side. As a grunt helper only about $100-300 per show. Then after helping on 5 shows I got my license and began making $1500+ per show. Sure you are working your tail off during New Years and the 4th, but you can bank several thousand very easily. In between it was mainly small indoor effects gigs, maybe a show here and there for a AAA ball team, smaller stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Stupidest advice ever.
                    What happens if you buy the new rack on credit and stop making payments?

Comment

Sell breakfast tacos at work

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Stupidest advice ever.
                        It’s a great present for her soon to be new boyfriend

Comment

Honestly Troy, right now might be the perfect time to start s Christmas light hanging service.
                          The guy that does my house makes and extra 40k from Halloween to Feb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                            If you're into sports at all become a ref! They're always needing people to officiate games from young kids all the way up to high school! I reffed football for 4 years when I was just coaching basketball and made some pretty decent money. Did jr high/9th/jv games on thursday, varsity games on friday, and could do as many peewee games as I wanted on a saturday

This ^^^. I umpired high school baseball games for several years. You can do football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball from the little ones all the way up. Stay busy as you want all year long.

Comment

Janitorial service, pic up a couple office buildings to clean after you get off work. you could clear 400-500 a month pretty easy. low overhead, all you need is a vacuum cleaner mop and mop bucket. I know we pay a lady 220 a week to clean our office, she hits it every Friday after 5pm. I bet it takes her 3-4 hours. sweep, mop, clean, vacuum, take out trash... you could train a monkey to do it!!

my father used to have a very lucrative janitorial business for about 12-15 years. he made good money, just real hard to find good help.... that don't steal or sell dope out of the company van on the side

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                                Honestly Troy, right now might be the perfect time to start s Christmas light hanging service.
                                The guy that does my house makes and extra 40k from Halloween to Feb

That would be Kool I just have a small fear of Heights lol

Comment

Working...
                                X