Making Extra money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
    If you have a vehicle payment get rid of it. That is a fast way to make extra money.
    Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    ^^^This^^^

Sometimes it's easier to save money than to earn money.
    Would you guys explain in more detail how Troy can do this and help him accumulate money for a down payment on a house?

Comment

I made about +/- $200 extra a month a few years back mowing for friends of mine and doing other landscaping stuff for them

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        Make some cool knives to sell here and mark them Strategic Temporary In-Come (or just abbreviate it.)
        I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
          Yes I probably could but that would hurt I would think an application for a home long just starting a job vs being at one for 10 years?
          In your case probably not.

Comment

if you have a truck check out the pickup app.

Comment

Put the wife to work, that's what im doing.

Comment

there is also a website called https://www.fiverr.com/

this is a good way to earn extra money on the side of your regular job. Uber is a great way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Would you guys explain in more detail how Troy can do this and help him accumulate money for a down payment on a house?
                  Well if the ultimate goal is to have enough money for a down payment, it makes just as much sense saving money as it does making it.

If he has a vehicle payment, sell said vehicle and use that money to buy something and have it paid off. Granted, there are many variables here of course, but can be on option.

Is not saving money the same as making extra money? If I cut $400/ month from my monthly spending, that's $400 in my pocket. If I keep my monthly spending the same, and make $400 extra in work...thats $400 in my pocket.

Comment

I am fixing to be hiring a few people for seasonal work here in Lubbock. Putting up Christmas lights and then taking them down. My crews average $500 - $700 per week.

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                      Yes I got it back yesterday.

Great news....Did it cost the grand you were quoted the first time? And what was wrong with it?

Comment

What about a second part time job? Not sure what your current full time employment schedule is, but you could get a part time retail type of job and that works between 20 and 30 hours per week. Would kind of suck on top of full time employment, but if you were looking to save additional money for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Great news....Did it cost the grand you were quoted the first time? And what was wrong with it?
                          We came to agreement.. $400 and when they get there Sales center painted in 2 weeks I will do all the window prep and Remove all over spray and clean there windows lol.. It will be a big job but It helped me out..

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            What about a second part time job? Not sure what your current full time employment schedule is, but you could get a part time retail type of job and that works between 20 and 30 hours per week. Would kind of suck on top of full time employment, but if you were looking to save additional money for a few months.
                            Its hard to get a part time job.. Wife works night so I have the kids.. Plus she is still in school.. I did pick up a part time security gig 1 night a week at a hunted house lol

Comment

If you're into sports at all become a ref! They're always needing people to officiate games from young kids all the way up to high school! I reffed football for 4 years when I was just coaching basketball and made some pretty decent money. Did jr high/9th/jv games on thursday, varsity games on friday, and could do as many peewee games as I wanted on a saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                I think the general idea is to get something that doesn't have a payment. If you have a vehicle worth 20k and you still owe money on it maybe you can sell for 5k of equity and get out from under the payment. Use the 5k to buy a running vehicle. No more payment and you still have a vehicle.

Now the money that you would have used for car payments can go towards the down payment.

Comment

Working...
                                X