Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your weirdest encounter while in the stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in the stand turkey hunting in the dark, and having a massive owl try to fly thru the window.... or listening to illegals walkie talkies going off in the woods

Comment

Dozed off in my tree stand, I guess snored so loud several deer started snort wheezing back at me and pouncing their from huffs and staring at me. They didn't run away for the longest time. Too funny.

Comment

Great stories... keep ‘em coming.

In my teens, when I could still climb trees, I climbed into a small oak tree growing along the boundary fence of my grandfather’s place in Washington Co. to watch his field. The neighboring property was thickly wooded. After a while, I heard something moving through the trees behind me. I turn to see one of my cousins sneaking through the woods towards me. He never sees me in the tree. He sneaks right up to the fence directly below me to check out the field. I start to drop bits of bark and twigs on him. The look on his face was priceless when he finally looked up and saw me there. We had a good laugh about that. I found out then that he had leased the neighboring property.

Was fishing with my father in a small cove on Lake Fork. Lake level was down +/-5’ so there was a band of open ground about 20’-25’ wide between the edge of the water and the tree line. Lots of coot milling around on the water. All of a sudden a bobcat streaks out of the woods to the water and grabs a coot and carries it back to the woods. In a short time the coot comes waddling out of the woods towards the water. Just before it gets to the water, the bobcat shoots out and grabs it again and carries it back. This happened about two more times. I guess the bobcat finally tired of the game or the coot just became lunch. It was cool diversion from the fact we weren’t catching any fish.

Took my then 9 year old son hunting near Brackettville. Parked the truck well before daylight and we were walking down the road to the blind. Still a little moonlight, so we didn’t need a light. Son was asking lots of questions. He pointed to a funny-shaped piece of wood in the road and asked what it was. I kicked it and told him what it was. Couple minutes later, still walking, he points to something else and asked the same thing. I was about to kick it when it moved. Turned on the flashlight... I almost kicked a porcupine. He thought that was the coolest thing of the trip.

Gig’em

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STONE KILLER View Post
          This is the winner my gosh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          For sure!

Comment

Working...
          X