No announcement yet.

Help - Thumb Sucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A girlfriend big hooters worked for my son. He was a chip off the old block some say.

Comment

These work pretty good... [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

UPDATE:

We have a dentist appointment for both the kids today and we will explore the options and learn more today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
          Repeated whacks with belt for non-compliance of the first requests.
          This

Comment

I would tell my son that young men do not do that and I will have to spank you(calm but stern) every single time it occurs. I would also tell them I love them before and after.

Comment

Do not waste your money and put anything unnatural in your child's mouth. You are the parent not just a guardian. Take control with your words out of love I believe he will respect you more. Just keep calm while you do it.

Comment

I am going to play devil's advocate and ask what is the big deal? I know of some older children and even adults that suck their thumb.

Comment

Duke's coon traps... Strap two to his belt and when you see him sucking on his thumb you stick thumb in the trap

Comment

I went to school with a guy that was sucking him thumb as a sr. I don't know if he stopped or not.

What does it hurt if the kid does it? Besides being nasty and annoying.

Comment

It will definitely cause huge dental bills if you allow this to continue. Like you are doing, if the child will not or can not stop on their own, then dentist will be able to advise what are the options.

Comment

We told the Dentist about the issue when we went yesterday.

She immediately went to my son and asked his thoughts about it. She point blank asked if he would like something in his mouth to help him stop. He said, yes, I want to stop.

Thought that was pretty cool of the dentist to go to him and see what his thoughts were and to make him feel like he was taking charge of the issue. My first time meeting her and was impressed.

Anyways, so now we are going to see what insurance will cover and then set up the appointment for fitting.

Other than the sucking, both kids are good to go with their chompers and really that is the most important thing

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
                          It will definitely cause huge dental bills if you allow this to continue. Like you are doing, if the child will not or can not stop on their own, then dentist will be able to advise what are the options.
                          For sure, especially as his adult teeth are starting to come in.

This is why we are taking action now, his babies are falling out right and left. 5 so far for 2016 and 2 more loose.

Comment

Working...
                          X