Roll Call: Teal Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texastornado View Post
    I'm gonna be out there! I'm determined to kill me at least one this year....them little critters are quick!!! Lol
    Let 'em break down over the decoys and shoot when they are 3 or 4 feet above the water coming in to land, continue shooting until gun is empty. Or start shooting if they try to flare and are in range.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
      Let 'em break down over the decoys and shoot when they are 3 or 4 feet above the water coming in to land, continue shooting until gun is empty. Or start shooting if they try to flare and are in range.

Good advice.

Also remember not to just shoot into the wad of birds. Sometimes it's hard to do but pick 1 bird and keep shooting at that bird until it folds. Then pick up another bird and continue. A lot of people rush and think they can just shoot into the group.

Comment

Can't wait. This is my first real season hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
          Good advice.

Also remember not to just shoot into the wad of birds. Sometimes it's hard to do but pick 1 bird and keep shooting at that bird until it folds. Then pick up another bird and continue. A lot of people rush and think they can just shoot into the group.
          If a big group of teal wads up over the decoys you can bet I will be sending the first right into the middle of them. I love setting up with a cross wind, letting a big group ball up over the decoys, and then making it rain.

Comment

Rusty

I hunted with Rusty for 13 years.... Going to miss him in the morning.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
              I hunted with Rusty for 13 years.... Going to miss him in the morning.
              Always a tough one. Gotta get another one and keep plugging.

Comment

I'll be heading to Winnie in the morning.

Comment

I'll be in Eagle Lake.

Comment

I'll be in West Matagorda Bay. I'm going to flounder early then try to get on some trout. Hopefully all the other fisherman will be teal hunting.

Comment

I've got a wrestling tournament Saturday, but Sunday I'll be blinded up in Freeport/Christmas bay. been itchin all summer to get out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I smacked a lot of birds in CB back in the 90's. Pintail were always a late flight back then. Start coming into the bay around 10am...G-Luck

Originally posted by RAMSLAYER View Post
                        I've got a wrestling tournament Saturday, but Sunday I'll be blinded up in Freeport/Christmas bay. been itchin all summer to get out there

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          I smacked a lot of birds in CB back in the 90's. Pintail were always a late flight back then. Start coming into the bay around 10am...G-Luck

thanks for the tip!

Comment

I was supposed to be going to a friends place out of Anahuac tomorrow but he can't go so now I can't go... Bites....
                            Lesto!!

Comment

I'll be sitting this one out, buddy sold his boat a couple weeks ago and he's still on the hunt for a new one. Gonna bust some dove and try to get into some trout instead!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                I'll be in West Matagorda Bay. I'm going to flounder early then try to get on some trout. Hopefully all the other fisherman will be teal hunting.
                                Please update if you see any Teal! I'm heading over to setup some stuff on the Peninsula on Tuesday and debating whether to bring the shotgun and dog or just make it a chores trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X