• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    pic for now, story later
    Wow awesome buck

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      Colton connected on a stud 12 pt (massive body) this evening right before it was too dark to see. He came in on a hot doe and Colton put it on him. The Ramcat blew through him like butter and stuck in an oak tree behind him. He ran 45 yards then was out like a light! This is Colton's first buck with a bow. This buck has been MIA for over a month then I got a pic of him at 2:30am this morning. Good times in the Pines of East Texas. I sure am glad to call this boy my own...extremely proud of him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Nice buck! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Colton connected on a stud 12 pt (massive body) this evening right before it was too dark to see. He came in on a hot doe and Colton put it on him. The Ramcat blew through him like butter and stuck in an oak tree behind him. He ran 45 yards then was out like a light! This is Colton's first buck with a bow. This buck has been MIA for over a month then I got a pic of him at 2:30am this morning. Good times in the Pines of East Texas. I sure am glad to call this boy my own...extremely proud of him.

Good lawd! Even east Tx LDPs are at night [emoji3] Thought it was just the trail camera pics lol. All bs aside, that is an awesome buck and an even better accomplishment that young man just pulled off. I don't hunt east Tx and don't plan on it anytime soon but what you guys in that part of the state are doing is amazing. Y'all have turned east Tx completely around in the last 10 years IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
            Haven't had a buck on camera all year. Set my climber up in some oaks, threw out 50lbs Apple corn and look what I found.
            That's a good deer! Hopefully you get some more pics of him.
            We had a missed opportunity on this big 7 tonight.

Attached Files

Comment

Haven't had a buck on camera all year. Set my climber up in some oaks, threw out 50lbs Apple corn and look what I found.

That's a hoss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                That's a good deer! Hopefully you get some more pics of him.
                We had a missed opportunity on this big 7 tonight.

Is this from your lease near Lodi?
                I still haven't seen a shooter on my camera out that way yet. Had a nice 8 there last year, hoping he will show back up

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                  Is this from your lease near Lodi?
                  I still haven't seen a shooter on my camera out that way yet. Had a nice 8 there last year, hoping he will show back up

Yeah we have a few around here

Comment

Sitting a new spot in Segno this morning. Two does and a spike have been taken off this stand with a crossbow so far, by my Dad and brother. Hopefully I can get one in closer this morning. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Trying a different stand this morning because the wind is supposed to shift mid morning. Saw a tiny spike yesterday morning and a bigger spike the evening hunt. Guess which one was broadside for 30 minutes at 15 yards?
                      New scrapes popping up everywhere. Should be prime time in the pines.

Comment

I put out 2 cotton balls with tinks 69 in it just to see what would happen. About 20 minutes after day light a young 6 or 8 charged in. After looking a few seconds he eased over to them both. He strutted around a few and left.

Quiet as a popcorn fart in the woods

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I put out 2 cotton balls with tinks 69 in it just to see what would happen. About 20 minutes after day light a young 6 or 8 charged in. After looking a few seconds he eased over to them both. He strutted around a few and left.

Quiet as a popcorn fart in the woods
                          I mad a mock scrape and pee'd it in yesterday 60 yards from my new stand then found a big 8 on camera. Wondering if I made a mistake now

Comment

I mad a mock scrape and pee'd it in yesterday 60 yards from my new stand then found a big 8 on camera. Wondering if I made a mistake now
                            Maybe, if he was watching you do it.

Comment

I wouldn't worry. I've seen small amounts of sign for 2 weeks. I think it's gonna kick off pretty quick. I really wish we could stay in this weather pattern a couple weeks

Comment

Scrapes are popping up everywhere here in Polk county. Seem to be working then mainly at night, but things are about to get interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X