OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    It started all over East tx. Thursday thru Sat. Does actually breeding. They are back cruising right now.
    Lol. I wish someone would tell the deer on this side of the Neches, they didn't get the memo. Good luck rest of the season.

Comment

I just went home on my lunch break here in New Waverly and there was a buck running 2 does in our hay pasture. I haven't seen much of anything that says rut has started at my lease in Trinity yet.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
        I just went home on my lunch break here in New Waverly and there was a buck running 2 does in our hay pasture. I haven't seen much of anything that says rut has started at my lease in Trinity yet.

Good buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
          Good buck?

Around 110-120. Tough to tell bc I had put the binos down after watching the 1st doe for 5min.

Comment

I haven't seen the rut yet in Polk county, seven oaks has anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeS View Post
              I haven't seen the rut yet in Polk county, seven oaks has anyone else?

They are making a lot of scrapes out there in Polk, mainly checking them at night it seems. Have not seen any chasing does yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PolkCounty View Post
                They are making a lot of scrapes out there in Polk, mainly checking them at night it seems. Have not seen any chasing does yet.

Yea have 4 scrapes to bow blind they seem to still be hitting most pics at night still

Comment

Just haven't seen chasing yet I figured they would have by now

Comment

I've been told this week and next week should be the peak of the rut in Anderson County. I plan to get out there Friday afternoon and hunt all weekend long.

Dad hunted a couple days in a row and didn't see a deer. If the temperature would drop I would get out there a couple evenings during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                      I've been told this week and next week should be the peak of the rut in Anderson County. I plan to get out there Friday afternoon and hunt all weekend long.

Dad hunted a couple days in a row and didn't see a deer. If the temperature would drop I would get out there a couple evenings during the week.

Yea i have off till November 2nd been off for a few days now haven't seen much hope to see more and after the 2nd I'll be on shutdown just hope to get a deer by then

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post

I don't know what part of Anderson County you're in but they're in early phases of the pre-rut at our place. Most of the chasing (which as I understand it is the part that most people call the rut) will occur the first 2 - 3 weeks of Novemeber. Of course we have so many does they're liable to be chasing into March.

On a related note, we have a 16-day doe season this year. Take advantage of it if you can.

Comment

Has anyone seen any activity this past week in Anderson County?

Comment

Originally posted by SquirrelDrops80 View Post
                            Has anyone seen any activity this past week in Anderson County?
                            I'll let you know in a couple of weekends.

Comment

Took some video of a nice 8 this afternoon. Narrow but really tall, huge body.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                                Took some video of a nice 8 this afternoon. Narrow but really tall, huge body.
                                That's a good lookin' 8. How old ya think he is?

Comment

Working...
                                X