No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mess with a working/winning formula.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
      Don't mess with a working/winning formula.
      Yep. Look what happened to the Rangers' playoffs dreams after Smart interrupted karma by starting a new playoffs thread. Crap you do has serious consequences.
      Last edited by Chew; 10-18-2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

The king of choke should not be allowed to come in now with the momentum that Dak has right now. Tony had his chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          If anybody could handle it Tony could, besides that I know it is a big if but when Tony is healthy he is a better quarterback than Dak is right now, yeah I know Dak can scramble and run the read option and Tony cannot, but Tony can come to the line of scrimmage and call any play in the play book after reading the defense, he can also throw the ball better. I would never cut him to save 5 million against the cap next year unless Dak is for sure the answer, he has not proven that to me yet. It is all just locker room talk now, there is not a person in the world that could say if Tony and Dez go down the Cowboys will be 5-1, and for the folks saying the Cowboys are better without Dez in the line up need to get off the meds, or maybe get on them, lol.
          This post makes more sense and has more logic behind it than any other post made about the Cowboys on this website.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
            Dak's impressive not doubt but Romo deserves a shot, yes he has cost us some in the past but if you can't see that he carried a sorry ***** team for several years then you aren't watching. We'll see where loyalties lie if Dak has one bad game. It's a good problem to have (much better than we have had the last few years) and I wouldn't want to be the one making the decisions but they do have the benefit of seeing who is doing what in practice and who runs the game plan better.
            Spot on man

Originally posted by Wiederhold View Post
            The king of choke should not be allowed to come in now with the momentum that Dak has right now. Tony had his chance.
            Come on man

Comment

If I am Tony Romo and I can't get back on the field because there is a better quarterback playing ahead of me I sit back and collect 70 mil... why risk injury that to hinder the rest of your life...

Comment

I'm glad Dak is affording Romo the ability to heal properly. The back bones are nothing to jack with. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision on who to start when Tony is healthy. We have no guarantees how far Dak can carry this team and suggesting he could carry them further than Romo is just a WAG! Romo's experience could carry this team further than Dak's youthful ability once they start playing elite level teams and then the same could be said vice versa.. both WAGs. What if Dak gets us to one and done in the playoffs? Do you ballwatchers start calling Dak a loser who couldn't get it done? Is the Dak magic a failure? What if Romo's experience could get us further? Like I said.. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Personally I sure do like watching a more mobile healthy QB extend plays with his legs and not have to worry about every time he gets touched if he's going to get back up. But I also understand Tony has seen it all and there's a lot to be said for experience playing elite levels teams with difficult defensive schemes like Seattle.

It's a great problem to have. I just hope whatever they decide they don't screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederhold View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what happens when Dak goes into the playoffs and he leads us to one and done? Do you ballwatchers blame it on Dak and start calling him a choker?[emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    So what happens when Dak goes into the playoffs and he leads us to one and done? Do you ballwatchers blame it on Dak and start calling him a choker?[emoji849]
                    No...they would blame Tony for not mentoring better!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      No...they would blame Tony for not mentoring better!

Lol... yup

Comment

Dak is producing better than tony has in years...don't give me the junk about the other ten on the field. You get the big money produce or go home.

Not
                        For
                        Long

If you ain't producing. Hurt has nothing to do with it. That's why so many players play hurt...they don't want to lose that spot.

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                          Dak is producing better than tony has in years...don't give me the junk about the other ten on the field. You get the big money produce or go home.

Not
                          For
                          Long

If you ain't producing. Hurt has nothing to do with it. That's why so many players play hurt...they don't want to lose that spot.

Were you asleep in 2014?

So if Dak leads this team to one and done are we looking for another QB in the draft?

Comment

My family has been fans even through the Quincy Carter years. What the boys are doing right now is very impressive. All that I'm saying is that with the way things are going, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Agreed Smart, post #1372

Comment

Were you asleep in 2014?

So if Dak leads this team to one and done are we looking for another QB in the draft?
                                2014 doesn't matter to them. Romo dropped a pass at the goal line. Remember.
                                Still had about 3-4 minutes in game, if I recall and Romo didn't stop GB and get the ball back so he could throw another incomplete pass or interception.

Oh, it was the offensive line and the running game that year, you know, kinda like Daks has had this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X