No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So y'all are saying that Tony will be a baller in the NFL until he is what 45...52?

I will say it for the last time...there is a reason that old men dont play in the NFL. The body just will not hold up to the abuse. there is no shame in it, just the way it is.

In my opinion, Tony Romo has suffered and extra ordinary amount of abuse over the past decade due to a lack of sub par players around him. He has been knocked around and taken some huge hits I fear we are just now seeing what all of that abuse is culminating into. The totality of the abuse is what gets a body. The constant strain of keeping the body in top physical shape adds to that.

To answer Keiths question, I competed in wrestling for years and later added BJJ to that. I rolled against some of the high level BB's. I have also shared the mat with some higher levels MMA guys (not ufc but on their way) I was their punching dummy .

Early on we could do 2-3 hours sessions as I got older i realized that father time says when to stop no matter what the body says.

So, to answer your sarcastic comment I have competed and would continue to so if the body would let me.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      So y'all are saying that Tony will be a baller in the NFL until he is what 45...52?

He's 36....That's 9 years from know.....exaggerate much? Brady hasn't broken down yet at 39....Manning finally broke at 39..... There is mucho precedent that he can play well at 36.

Now..I'm not sure how practicing on a mat with some "almost there's" allows you a better idea on if Romo can hit Dez Bryant on a go route or Witten on his infamous option route....but I digress. I am glad it wasn't professional badminton or pingpong because you would have been laughed out of the building..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        He's 36....That's 9 years from know.....exaggerate much? Brady hasn't broken down yet at 39....Manning finally broke at 39..... There is mucho precedent that he can play well at 36.

Now..I'm not sure how practicing on a mat with some "almost there's" allows you a better idea on if Romo can hit Dez Bryant on a go route or Witten on his infamous option route....but I digress. I am glad it wasn't professional badminton or pingpong because you would have been laughed out of the building..

Im not saying he is broke. But that he has taken lots of punishment and it is telling...he also aint no Brady or Manning. That will get ya a winderlivker

And sorry maybe if i was a pro at beer drinking or eating donuts it would have been a better illustration for this crowd.

Comment

The real question is.......

What's the over and under for the # of days before Speedgoat returns?

Comment

Im not saying he is broke. But that he has taken lots of punishment and it is telling...he also aint no Brady or Manning. That will get ya a winderlivker

And sorry maybe if i was a pro at beer drinking or eating donuts it would have been a better illustration for this crowd.
            Oh yes...the infamous deflecton of "he ain't no Tom Brady" ....lmao..
            Nobody said he was talent wise...but the age comparison is legit.....It's an easy get. Just allow yourself..

In the grand scheme of things nobody knows where he is right now. I'm hoping 2014 Romo is there if we need him myself, but I'm sure his lifelong haters, nitpickers, and detractors hope for failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post

He'll be back...I have caught him checking in on the thread....prob to see if we are begging him back after his farewell post....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Oh yes...the infamous deflecton of "he ain't no Tom Brady" ....lmao..
                Nobody said he was talent wise...but the age comparison is legit.....It's an easy get. Just allow yourself..

In the grand scheme of things nobody knows where he is right now. I'm hoping 2014 Romo is there if we need him myself, but I'm sure his lifelong haters, nitpickers, and detractors hope for failure.
                Stating the obvious is not deflection...and yall take it easy on matt I dont hink he bows to the same altar if Tony that yall do...

Comment

Stating the obvious is not deflection...and yall take it easy on matt I dont hink he bows to the same altar if Tony that yall do...
                  I don't think anyone bows to th alter of Tony. Most here are just cowboy fans and want to see them win. Dak may or may not be the best chance for the Cowboys to win the super bowl this year. The thing that makes me nervous is not knowing which quarterback gives the team the best chance of winning it all. I still think that there's a better than 50% chance that Romo is the guy that gives them the best chance.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

I don't think anyone bows to th alter of Tony. Most here are just cowboy fans and want to see them win. Dak may or may not be the best chance for the Cowboys to win the super bowl this year. The thing that makes me nervous is not knowing which quarterback gives the team the best chance of winning it all. I still think that there's a better than 50% chance that Romo is the guy that gives them the best chance.

No one posting wants to see the Cowboys win more than me...

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

Right on !! Tony did not lose his job because Dak is better, Tony lost it because of injury and this team has gone 8-1 in that time frame, yes Dak was or is the quarterback, take Zeke out and we are having a different conversation, can't convince me any other way.

Comment

I think it doesn't matter who's behind center, everything is finally coming together. They're 8-1 with Dak and I think they'd be 8-1 if not 9-0 with Tony. I've been defending Romo for years to the haters, but it doesn't matter what kinda numbers or data you throw at them, they're still gonna hate on Romo. I believe it's not only the record that has everybody getting behind Dak, but also because it's something new. A new face, a new personality, it's like getting a new car, you want to live in it for the first month. Let's see if they're still rooting for Dak if his first five seasons sees one playoff berth and no Super Bowls. Like they say, the hardest job in sports is to be the Cowboys QB.

Comment

I don't know why no one draws parallels to Peyton last year. It is a KNOWN FACT that he was too beat up to compete physically. Yet they brought him back in in the playoffs for his experience and he struggled to throw the ball down the field but still won a super bowl. According to the cowboys, Romo is throwing the ball great in practice. And he's always been more mobile than Peyton. Meaning he is still in better physical shape to play (and three years younger). I'm not trying to compare the two because I think Peyton is the greatest to ever play. I'm saying us keyboard coaches have no idea who is healthy or not healthy. And I would take this year's Romo over last year's Peyton (again, who won a superbowl)

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                            I don't know why no one draws parallels to Peyton last year. It is a KNOWN FACT that he was too beat up to compete physically. Yet they brought him back in in the playoffs for his experience and he struggled to throw the ball down the field but still won a super bowl. According to the cowboys, Romo is throwing the ball great in practice. And he's always been more mobile than Peyton. Meaning he is still in better physical shape to play (and three years younger). I'm not trying to compare the two because I think Peyton is the greatest to ever play. I'm saying us keyboard coaches have no idea who is healthy or not healthy. And I would take this year's Romo over last year's Peyton (again, who won a superbowl)
                            Great points...if the dallas d was close to Denvers last year andand shazam!!

Comment

Great points...if the dallas d was close to Denvers last year andand shazam!!
                              Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they'd win it all (with or without Romo). I'm still very concerned about the defense considering they haven't played a single division leader as of this point in the season. I'm just saying it has been proven that experience can win a superbowl even with a beat up qb (who Romo can't possibly be as bad as, in a physical sense).

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post

What did I miss?

Comment

Working...
                                X