Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Very clueless about sports I see

He's a Patriots' bandwagoner and Brady jockrider..

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      I was wondering since the playoffs are in hand if the administration told the coaches or the coaches made the decision to tell Dak to stay in the pocket and not scramble?? He sure didn't use his legs to get crucial first downs or pick up yards like he has. Did they also take Elliott out of the game more than usual to save him a few hits and collisions on pass pro??

These things ran through my mind as I was watching the game. I am ok with it for sure.

It makes since and we know ole Jason will get conservative on you when it gets down to the nutt cutting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        I wanna know why several of you aren't head coaches in the NFL. [emoji848][emoji13]

I always love that argument!! I don't know why people that have never served in public office talk about politics or vote. It's fun to talk about and debate!

Comment

I was wondering since the playoffs are in hand if the administration told the coaches or the coaches made the decision to tell Dak to stay in the pocket and not scramble?? He sure didn't use his legs to get crucial first downs or pick up yards like he has. Did they also take Elliott out of the game more than usual to save him a few hits and collisions on pass pro??
          These things ran through my mind as I was watching the game. I am ok with it for sure.
          It was certainly conservative vanilla play calling, but I don't think they told dak to do so, I think the giants D-line did a great job of keeping the outside contained, which scott linehan should've kept calling power running plays up the middle all night and it would've set up the scrambling and play action read options later in the game....it was bad all around offensive play calling and strategy in my opinion at least.....which I know I'm not a coach but the last 3 weeks the progression has gone down

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
            It makes since and we know ole Jason will get conservative on you when it gets down to the nutt cutting!

It's part of the football process with his football players in a football game, played with all three phases on a football field.

Comment

Playcalling is always "bad" when it doesn't work. I doubt very seriously they changed much from what they have been successful doing all year. The Giants defense just kicked their asses and made them look ordinary. They stacked the box and made Dak try to beat them with his arm....and then got to him so quick on obvious pass downs, he couldn't do much with that either.

Comment

When I was calling plays back in the day. I always wanted to have a fundraiser called "You Make the Call" for all the armchair coaches out there to have a chance to call 1 play in a real football game. They could sit in the press box, id give them a call sheet they could enjoy the game till I said ok you have 8 seconds to make the call, lets have it !!!!

Of course that 1 play would always be on 3rd down and 15
                Last edited by Abcdj; 12-13-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Playcalling is always "bad" when it doesn't work. I doubt very seriously they changed much from what they have been successful doing all year. The Giants defense just kicked their asses and made them look ordinary. They stacked the box and made Dak try to beat them with his arm....and then got to him so quick on obvious pass downs, he couldn't do much with that either.
                  3 weeks in a row now to where their getting very predictable and theirs no debating that, you need to mix it up to where you keep the defenders on their heels, defenses have been stacking box all year and finally its catching up with the offense to where they need to mix packages up with different players and looks.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                    3 weeks in a row now to where their getting very predictable and theirs no debating that, you need to mix it up to where you keep the defenders on their heels, defenses have been stacking box all year and finally its catching up with the offense to where they need to mix packages up with different players and looks.
                    Please tell us what exactly is predictable?. What are they running that you think they should change? Please be specific with the WR patterns on pass plays and schematic blocking and locations for runs.

Please tell us what plays you would run to mix it up..... If they got too cute and weren't successful against a good defense, you folks would be screaming to run the **** ball. Now they run the **** ball and you folks scream they aren't mixing it up enough.

Again a good defense will make anybody look average. The Giants kicked their asses on the LOS and in the secondary...

Comment

When I was calling plays back in the day. I always wanted to have a fundraiser called "You Make the Call" for all the armchair coaches out there to have a chance to call 1 play in a real football game. They could sit in the press box, id give them a call sheet they could enjoy the game till I said ok you have 8 seconds to make the call, lets have it !!!!

Of course that 1 play would always be on 3rd down and 15
                      You can say that for any job. You don't like food at a restuarant, then you should try to cook it. Your car isn't running right, then you should fix it yourself. Dallas lost. They didn't lose because everyone did their job right. Somebody or bodies screwed up for Dallas, and anyone that spent 3+ hours Sunday watching that crap show has a right to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post

If only they had an elite receiver to stretch the field a little....

It's also worth noting that the last two defenses they've faced are both top 6 or 7 in the league.

Pass protection wasn't great and they were getting home with 4-5, keyed on 82 and 11 as hot reads with 3-4 guys, and Dez can't get open...couple all that with Prescott being less accurate than normal....and they lost by 3.

Dare I say if your "elite" receiver can manage more catches than turnovers then maybe the outcome is different.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                          I always love that argument!! I don't know why people that have never served in public office talk about politics or vote. It's fun to talk about and debate!

Lmao!!!! That's one helluva stretch!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Please tell us what exactly is predictable?. What are they running that you think they should change? Please be specific with the WR patterns on pass plays and schematic blocking and locations for runs.

Please tell us what plays you would run to mix it up..... If they got too cute and weren't successful against a good defense, you folks would be screaming to run the **** ball. Now they run the **** ball and you folks scream they aren't mixing it up enough.

Again a good defense will make anybody look average. The Giants kicked their asses on the LOS and in the secondary...
                            I'm talking about formation looks, not necessarily different plays, more isolation, but keep running the ball of course, maybe put in two backs in a pistol or shotgun formation...idk just me just talking , I like being creative, I know they are going to keep doing what they're doing with Jason garrets ''PROCESS'' but with the backs they have me personally I would love to see a Elliot dunbar combo beside dak....I stated earlier in this thread that they have faced 3 great defenses in a row, and do not match up well with the giants..im not worried about dak or the team, I'm just stating at TIMES we do get to vanilla...maybe lucky whitehead was the difference lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              If only they had an elite receiver to stretch the field a little....

It's also worth noting that the last two defenses they've faced are both top 6 or 7 in the league.

Pass protection wasn't great and they were getting home with 4-5, keyed on 82 and 11 as hot reads with 3-4 guys, and Dez can't get open...couple all that with Prescott being less accurate than normal....and they lost by 3.

Dare I say if your "elite" receiver can manage more catches than turnovers then maybe the outcome is different.

I agree, Dez sometimes looks very confused out there, hey I'm liking Bryce butler though, he can stretch the field a bit...he's got some wheels, but lacks hands lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                                Lmao!!!! That's one helluva stretch!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I guess you're right. Only people that have coached in the NFL should talk about football. Why do we even have this thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X