Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best fixed blade broad head?

That is, best deal for a cheapskate like me

I want to use fixed blade, but I don't want to pay a fortune for them. Where is the line between a good deal and a cheap piece of junk? What brand should I stay away from and what do you recommend? My whole family bow hunts and it gets real expensive. I'm looking for the cheapest broad head that will get the job done and is dependable. Thanks.

As far as your title asks, Montec.

As far as what you posted, Muzzy. I shoot both and definitely prefer the montec nowadays but cut my teeth bowhunting with Muzzys. It was the affordable option during the college days. Both kill em just as dead

Comment

Nap Hellrazors!

Comment

I like my Muzzy MX3's. I have been using them for years, good penetration and good blood trails. I don't have to change my sights from field points either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
          As far as your title asks, Montec.

As far as what you posted, Muzzy. I shoot both and definitely prefer the montec nowadays but cut my teeth bowhunting with Muzzys. It was the affordable option during the college days. Both kill em just as dead
          I couldn't agree more. Love the montecs but as far as a great cheaper head you can't beat muzzy. You can get a 6 pk through Walmart for $30. You will pay that for 3 montecs.

Comment

they all get a lot cheaper when you learn to resharpen them. seriously.

Comment

Muzzy/ Thunderheads

Comment

Muzzy 6 pack

Comment

VPA may not be the " cheapest" , but if you figure that you can target practice, resharpen go hunt, send threw an animal ( or miss) resharpen and send threw another. They are very durable, you don't have the cost of replaceable blades, they make them in all different weights. So in the long run, probably the " cheapest" head you will find. As long as you don't lose them, keep reusing them. And just about any animal you will hunt has been harvested with them, if I could only have one head to hunt with these would be them.

Comment

I think the slick trick is the answer. A four pack is around $35 and they fly great. While not as cheap as a muzzy which used to be my go to, they are a whole lot tougher and will last for several kills. I prefer the viper model.

Comment

New broadhead Tooth of the Arrow. Made out of cold roll steel machined one piece I have shot them and the fly really well. Very solid broadhead. Made here in the USA

Comment

Come on man!

Why pay thousands for a deer lease, a couple thousand on a bow, hundreds on stands, hundreds on feeders and corn, hundreds on scent elimination, just to skimp out on the very thing that kills the animal?

Can't go wrong with Slick Tricks or Ramcats.

Just messing with ya! I know it gets expensive.

Comment

Magnus stingers come with lifetime warranty

Comment

Agree with muzzy/thunderhead. Those two broad heads have killed a ton of animals over the years and rarely if ever fail

Comment

Wasp drones are $30 for 3 and 2 extra set of blades.

Comment

Working...
                              X