No announcement yet.

Hogboy's bowkill pig thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least 10 pigs with 2 arrows................that's how you do it.

DJ

Comment

You've sure put the smack down on a lot of pigs Gary, congrats. I need to get back over there and visit with you again, it's been to long since I've been to the Hilton.

Comment

Great shooting Gary! Keep it up.

Comment

I put up an ad for a hog hunt last Friday and TxnRunner came down from Arlington to join me. We hit the stands a little before 7:00. Travis settled into Deb's stand and I hunted Grandpa's as usual. It was really hot, but with 180 acres of corn less than a month from harvest, I knew there were pigs around.

Not very long after corn threw I had 4 or 5 mid sized pigs working into my setup. I'm on a platform 15 ft. up, with my camera on a tripod, so I get it positioned on the corn feeder. After a few minutes, one pig came into the feeder. The others were checking out the protein to my left.

I launched an arrow and will let the video do the talking, but will add this.

The sun was in my eyes.
          I can't dance.
          It was to wet to plow.

Another bowkill feral pig. Defending the corn in Coryell County , Texas.

The practice shot didn't seem to faze the pigs at the protein feeder, so I positioned the camera on them, nocked another arrow, and let rip. This time I connected and the pig only made it about 40 yards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	July 14 2017 sow tbh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	24502482

On the walk back out to the truck, I ended up breaking off about 8 inches of arrow in a big boar staring at me from the thick stuff. We found the Nocturnal end, but no blood, and no pig.

The next morning TxnRunner and I did some spot and stalk in the corn and he was able to arrow a pig. I will leave it to him to share that adventure if he wishes.

Thanks for following along,

Hogboy

Comment

Good job ladies.

Comment

Comment

Way to go Gary!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sept 29 2017 boar

We have been seeing alot of pigs at the Hilton lately, so Friday evening before the opener I decided to walk and stalk some. I caught a glance of a good sized hog about 60 yards ahead, but wasn't sure which way he was going. I closed the distance as quickly as possible using and tucking in behind a good sized bodark. I peeked around the tree and he was coming right down the trail to me.

I backed up and waited for him to come into view. When he came around the tree at 6 yards, it was to late for him. I was already at full draw and sent a 100g Thunderhead with a green nocturnal slamming into him. Talk about an adrenaline rush, the boar let out a roar, spun around and took off, breaking the back part of the arrow off on a mesquite, and then straight into the thick stuff. I could hear him crashing around, so was hopeful he wouldn't go far.

Luckily he only made it about 30 yards into the thicket before he folded up. Still, it was a pretty good effort, for this mature guy to drag him out for the LDP. I guessed him to be around 170 lbs.

Name:	Sept 29 2017 boar tbh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	24513506

He wasn't the biggest boar I've killed, but if had grown into these, he could have been.

Name:	Sept 2017 boar balls tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	24513508

Hogboy

Comment

Good Lawd! That’s a lot of killin! Very cool timeline but you are getting old! ��

Comment

You look wore out from dragging that boar.

Congrats!!

Comment

Way to go Gary!

DJ

Comment

Nice work Gary. Good seeing you and Sil over the weekend. Hope the hunting brought some reprieve to the stresses of dealing with Harvey.
                          Last edited by TxnRunner; 10-03-2017, 03:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Well done SeƱor Gary

Comment

"mature guy"........ Define please..ha ha

Great kill Mr. Gary. Hope all is well.

Rwc

Comment

On the mend boar

Because of hand and wrist issues, I haven't been able to shoot my bow since the Pig Stickin and Javi Stabbin trip the first week of March. Rheumatoid arthritis. I'm on a drug now that looks like it might control it enough so I can continue to hunt, fish, and play guitar. The essentials for a happy Hogboy.

So today I headed up to the Hilton to spend the night and get some work done. When I checked the trail cams, I saw a lone boar coming into Deb's stand between 7:00 and 8:00 three evenings in a row. I had brought my bow and planned to test my hands, so after 4 practices shots without pain, I decided to sit a couple of hours.

Right on schedule, the nice sized boar with white socks came rolling in. He fed for a couple of minutes and when he gave me a good looking shot, I gave him a Slick Trick mag right where it hurts. He headed right back into the thick, but I heard him crash and thrash. It didn't take long to find him, but it about killed me to get him even half way back to the truck. I'm guessing 180-190 lbs.

Name:	May 9 2018 boar tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	24539189

Thanks for following along,

Hogboy

Comment

Working...
                                X