• Show
Clear All

That white one is one ugly hog! KAP

Comment

Comment

Dang Gary, you are hell on those pigs.

Comment

221 lb boar (new video)

This is my biggest bowkill pig so far. I actually shot it 2 years ago, but after losing DeadeyeDeb and Rsatt from the Hilton team, I was just never motivated to edit the video, until today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 Gary 221 lb boar tbh.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	24456900

Comment

Awesome videos hog boy.
            If you don't mind sharing What camera and arm are you using for self filming

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
              Awesome videos hog boy.
              If you don't mind sharing What camera and arm are you using for self filming
              Nothing special. The camera is a Canon HD Vixia HF M30 with 15X optical zoom. Since most of my hunting is from tree stand platforms, I just mount it to a collapsible tripod I can move around if the target comes in on the back side of me. I do have a Trophy Tool type clamp on I have used on ladder stands.

I try to get the camera set before the target comes in close and the remote let's me record and zoom if I'm not drawn. It keeps the movement down a little.

Comment

Here are some bowkill pigs in 2015 that bring this thread up to date, but by no means finished.

I might have slowed down a little bit but the desire is still there. I will continue to post up on this thread any bowkill pig success I have, and hopefully share with you some video, pics, or a story if there is one.

Hogboy

Name:	May162015 bowkill double tbh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	24456921

Name:	Oct 2 2015 boar tbh.jpg
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	24456922

Comment

Oct 7 2016 bowkill pig

I got into the pigs Friday night and here's how it went down.

I was looking for blood on a doe, came under a big oak, and there were 5-6 pigs in the brush scarfing up the acorns. I guessed them to be 25 yard with some shumate and vines in between. I nocked an arrow and launched a green nocturnal right over the back of one that was broadside to me. The pigs stirred a little, but went right back to the acorns. I closed maybe 5 yards and looked for an opening. When one cleared the thick, I held my 20 pin, and sent a red nocturnal flying and the pigs scattered. It looked like the shot was low, but when I retrieved the arrow it had blood and an immediate blood trail to the left.

My pistol was in the truck so I was marking blood to return and trail, when I see 2 pigs working back under the oak. I crouched down, nocked another arrow, and when I had an opening, sent a red nocturnal into the second pig. It took off squealing for about 15 seconds and Ben could hear it pile up behind Deb's stand.

We never recovered the first pig. Even though the blood looked good, we eventually lost the trail in the thick stuff. The second one was kind enough to die with the red beacon sticking up.

Another bowkill pig from the ground. I might be maturing, but the adrenaline rush will never get old. Until the next one.

Name:	Gary Oct 7 2016 pig tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	24465822

Comment

Way to go, Gary!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

April 22 2017 double

It has been awhile since I've had any pig action, so I was happy to see some targets when I checked the trailcam pics Friday.

Name:	42117 sounder tbh.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	24493618

Around 7:30 Saturday evening I had a group of 10-12 come rolling under my oak tree into the feeder. I let them settle in, then sent an arrow through the biggest sow of the group. They exploded out of there and I could see the Beman break off on the other side of the sow as she took off. I was just about to climb down and check for blood when I hear grunting behind me. Here comes a 30 lb spotted shoat, late for the party and wondering where everybody went. I nocked another arrow, waited for him to stop, and let it fly. The hit was a little high but he dropped on the spot, no tracking needed.

Name:	30 lb spot sow bowkill tbh.jpg
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	24493619

I tracked pretty good blood on the big sow in the thick until dark with no luck, so decided to mark last blood and come look again in the morning. The next day I looked for 30 minutes before I found her piled up down a little trail, stiff.

Name:	Big sow bowkill tbh.jpg
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	24493620

I would guess this sow weighed close to 170 lbs. She traveled probably 300 yards with 14" of arrow inside her. She was about to drop piglets, but I didn't gut her to do a head count. Great candidate for feral hog control.

Name:	Pregnant sow tbh.jpg
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	24493621

Thanks for following along.

Hogboy

Comment

Nice double gary! That's one of my favorite stands to ever hunt out of.

Comment

Way to go Hogboy KAP

Comment

Good to see you doing your part for Mother Earth Day yesterday. Pigs'll tear Mother Earth up if given half a chance. KAP!

Comment

Congratulations Gary.

Comment

Way to go, Gary!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X