No announcement yet.

16-17 Childress/Cottle/Hardeman/Foard Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing at all moving this morning. Turkeys aren't even up and about. Starting to think missed the chase by a few days and they are all in lockdown mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In the stand north of quanah. Yesterday morning saw a small 6 just taking his time and a little later 3 does. Yesterday eveninga doe with twins. This morning7does and fawns. Not hearing an shots. I had hoped with all the does around a buck would come by looking far a date. I dont know what to think about the rut. O well sitting in the stand is way better than working. Good luck to everyone out in the stand

Comment

Buddy dropped him a decent Muley this morning. Saw tons of muleys and only one single whitetail doe who looked to be running from something.

Hoping they are still chasing a little. Gonna hit the field around 13 and stay all afternoon. Moving around a little.

Comment

Anybody got anything new from the area?

Comment

Our deer were rutting heavy. Just no shooters. Lots of smaller bucks.
            A friend has a new place 1 hour west of Childress in Hall county and he said they started running yesterday hard

Comment

Didn't see much of anything. A couple young bucks at the feeders and a couple of does. Very little movement all weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if they were locked down. 5 miles west of Quanah.

Comment

16-17 Childress/Cottle/Hardeman/Foard Thread

I hunted the 4 days before thanksgiving and it was slow 7 miles south of Kirkland. A few little buck were smelling around and most of the deer I seen were fawns hanging together. One 8 point about 16 wide crossed a wheat field and didn't seem to care to eat. All the fawns hanging together made me believe the mature does were locked down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Bucks were moving just west of Electra from Friday evening until yesterday morning. The weather changed Saturday night and activity went to nothing Sunday morning. I'm kicking myself for not shooting a big buck Friday evening. Pure stupidity. The buck put on one helluva a show. Nearly destroyed a mesquite tree showing off for the doe he was tending. Oh well, better days ahead.

Comment

Hardeman county

I am going up on the 8th. Last time I was there just before Thanksgiving it was very slow. We believe that the Big bucks did not move for several reasons, plenty of forage, lock down, and too warm out. Hoping that there will better movement in the later part of the season.

Comment

I will be in NE Motley county the 8th as well. I have already used my one buck tag but hoping to get my brother on a buck. Hopefully the deer are moving.

Comment

Hardeman County Bucks

Two Hardeman County Bucks! Killed November 18th & 25th. Both chasing does!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by allenwm26m View Post
                          Two Hardeman County Bucks! Killed November 18th & 25th. Both chasing does!
                          Very nice bucks

Comment

One of our kiddos got it done last weekend. Nice 9 pt.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice bucks. Congratulations

Comment

I'll be in Cottle Co this weekend. Any recent reports?

Comment

Working...
                                X