What's on your wrist?? I'll start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fail
    Last edited by beefiedoubleoh; 12-27-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Comment

The cell phone has replaced my watch wearing days.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
          I've never understood the allure to high end watches and all these "The story..." posts show how incredibly susceptible people are to marketing ploys.

Cringe worthy.
          Not sure what you're referring to... Just another way for people to express themselves. The most expensive watches on here are a fraction the price of what most of the guys here seem to spend on a pickup. Only difference is the pickup won't be worth anything in 10 years, where the rolex is probably worth more, and at the least is worth the same amount.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

G-Shock mudmaster with compass and temperature. Got it for Christmas. Stainless steel body.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
              Not sure what you're referring to... Just another way for people to express themselves. The most expensive watches on here are a fraction the price of what most of the guys here seem to spend on a pickup. Only difference is the pickup won't be worth anything in 10 years, where the rolex is probably worth more, and at the least is worth the same amount.

Yes, the “only difference” between a watch and a pickup is that a pickup depreciates. There’s certainly nothing else a pickup can do that a watch can’t.

Nailed it with that counterpoint, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                Yes, the “only difference” between a watch and a pickup is that a pickup depreciates. There’s certainly nothing else a pickup can do that a watch can’t.

Nailed it with that counterpoint, sir!
                Maybe not the best example, but you're current best reasoning is that watches are only marketing hype for suckers!

Comment

I’ve been collecting watches since I was 17 years old.

Call me crazy but I did it because I thought they were incredibly cool. The engineering that goes into each movement blew me away.

I had maybe 50 in my collection and accidentally discovered value of each. Bought and paid for my first house for my young little family.

It’s turned into a business for me.

What can I say guys love there watches and I love what I do.

Sergio Nuncio
                  “Blood-Sport”
                  832-277-5725 cell
                  Jonathan’s Fine Jewelers
                  6222 Richmond
                  Suite - 435
                  Houston, Tx 77057
                  jfjco.com
                  IG: luxury_goods_houston_jfjco

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Dont take this the wrong way, as I one day will have a high end watch, but that looks like someone took a rattle can to it..

I don’t take it wrong at all. To each his own

I couldn’t do it to one of my watches !!

Comment

To answer the ??? SKIN and in this Modern day I just glance at my Cell

Comment

Haven't worn a watch in years since work changed policy not allowing wrist watches to be worn.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Suunto Alpha Traverse Concrete.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24564604

Most expensive watch I've ever / will ever bought! But I used gift cards from cc points and b-days / Christmas so it didn't make me feel too stupid

Comment

For the money, it is hard to beat a Citizen EcoDrive - well made and reliable. This is my current everyday/casual watch. I don’t like a watch that tries to cram in too many features and multiple dials that are too small to read anyway. I like simple- time/day/date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of you guys have some really nice pieces. Are these family heirlooms or do y'all just like to buy really nice watches? Serious question. I am not hating, I hope to be able to splurge once my practice gets a little busier. I would like to have something to pass down to my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                                Some of you guys have some really nice pieces. Are these family heirlooms or do y'all just like to buy really nice watches? Serious question. I am not hating, I hope to be able to splurge once my practice gets a little busier. I would like to have something to pass down to my son.
                                Mine on post #49 is an heirloom. Passed to me after my father passed in 2008. Been my daily driver ever since. After receiving it I know he'd probably be shocked to discover how unique of a piece it actually is.

Comment

Working...
                                X