No announcement yet.

What reel for wade fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the old green Curado 200b's. The Lew's is a great reel just getting parts for them is tough if you like to do your own upgrades and rebuilds. Any reel you use just make sure you open up wipe down and coat with a good anti corrosive oil and grease before you take it out the 1st time. If this is done properly you won't have any issue. My reels live in the salt and only get take down for cleaning once a year and I have never had issues.

Comment

I don't fish alot on the coast but have waded the surf on several occasions and my Diawa Lexa 100 held up great. No issues at all after being soaked in the rough surf.

Comment

ol skool curado but really really like my revo inshore

Comment

I used to use Curados but switched to the Lews BB1. Great reels and seem to hold up. I wade fish 2-3 times a week.

Comment

Reeled in many an oversized Red with the Sedona 2500 FD and FB. Cuts the wind like a champ. I was a baitcast only guy until I started using the shimano Sedona series.

Comment

im a big fan of lews and 13 fishing but you can not go wrong with shimano( curado, citica)

Comment

Imo lews are the way to go. I would not consider anything else

Comment

Which Lew's model is the best for wading in the bay ?
                  Is it the bb1 ?
                  The BB1 introduced anglers to several baitcast reel firsts, including the low-profile design, narrow spool, fully disengaging levelwind, and no-knob palming side cover. It became famous for its rugged durability, casting distance and comfort. The ingenuity and craftsmanship of the Lew's® BB1 reels developed a loyal following of anglers that still carries on to this day. Since the rebirth of the Lew's brand, these anglers have been asking for the revival of the BB1 reels. Here’s the answer - the new BB1 and BB1Z baitcast series reels made even better than before with the use of modern technology and materials.

Thanks, Ranchdog

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                    Which Lew's model is the best for wading in the bay ?
                    Is it the bb1 ?
                    The BB1 introduced anglers to several baitcast reel firsts, including the low-profile design, narrow spool, fully disengaging levelwind, and no-knob palming side cover. It became famous for its rugged durability, casting distance and comfort. The ingenuity and craftsmanship of the Lew's® BB1 reels developed a loyal following of anglers that still carries on to this day. Since the rebirth of the Lew's brand, these anglers have been asking for the revival of the BB1 reels. Here’s the answer - the new BB1 and BB1Z baitcast series reels made even better than before with the use of modern technology and materials.

Thanks, Ranchdog
                    I bought the Lew's BB1 Inshore in the spring of last year but it looks like they've quit making them now. I can't find one for sale. I paid 175 on ebay back then.

I LOVE THIS REEL. It'll cast into the next county and is smooth as it gets.

Comment

Anyone happy with one of the newer Shimano's just hasn't tried a Concept 13 or Lews. I'm loving not have to tear down my reels every 3 trips and casting much farther with less effort and easier adjustment. I think I'd buy a Zebco before I'd waste my money on another Shimano.

Comment

So many choices! lews are great reels and have gained quite the following (for good reason). My friend reall likes them. Shimano is hard to beat. Ive fished with a curado I for a while and liked it. I now have 2 13 fishing concept A's and love those reels. Probably one of the better reels Ive used in the salt. I highly recommend those. Pick up a few different models and see which one "fits" you best.

Comment

What are your guys thoughts on the H20 lines of reels for saltwater? Anyone currently using on of their reels? How is it holding up compared to your other reels? Thanks in advance.

Comment

If they weren't so expensive I would love to have a PENN Slammer III Spinning reel on a Pro Angler 7.5' Med heavy rod. These things will cast a mile with 80lb braid and a 3/4 oz jig. 100+lb fish no problem.

Comment

Shimano Calias...worth every penny!

Comment

Working...
                              X